Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPC rule changes

Options
  • 22-12-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

6. From the World GPC AGM & the Board meeting, noteworthy changes to GPC rules are as follows:
    - Multi-ply benchpress shirts can now be used in the equipped section
    - World/Continental records can be broken at World/Continental Championships or at a National Championships where a Level 1 Referee from the GPC Board from another country is present (at the national federation’s expense) & satisfied that the records meet all the required criteria.
    - World/European Certs must be ordered from the World Record Keeper and cost €5 per person.
    - Flights of Benchpress only can be increased to 20 lifters
    - Lifters are no longer allowed to walk back in the monolift at the start of the squat.
    - 35mm squat bars must be used at World Championships
    - The calculation for the Best Teams will be changed. Now the Reshel formula will be used for the top 6 lifters to include at most the Masters formula for 1 lifter and the Junior/Teen formula for 1 lifter. The team can be made up of both men & women.
    - An age coefficient will be introduced for determining the best lifter in the Teen & Junior categories.

Big one that i think will be of interest to most of us here...

No more walkouts and multiply shirts...

Can anyone say massive bench time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

No mention of the wrist wrap rule? Is that because it was already passed do you know?

....I wonder if I tell them how delicate I am.. maybe then they might let me use the wrist wraps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They decided to do away with a squat depth requirement yet? May as well at least make it official.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

What do you mean, did any real high squats get passed at the GPCs last time or something?

What do you mean, did any real high squats get passed at the GPCs last time or something?

Yes. Many. At their world championships. We're the standards of judging is meant to be higher.

...wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I guess out of protest Hanley we will never see an athlete coached by yourself compete in GPC so.

• Advertisement

I guess out of protest Hanley we will never see an athlete coached by yourself compete in GPC so.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not a megalomaniac. If someone asks me for help with their training ill give it to them. They can display that where they want.

You saw the sh*t that went on in Limerick. Don't start acting like people weren't screwed and the goal posts weren't constantly moving now.

Advertisement