Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So scared

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been lurking for a while, and got my BFP on Sunday when I was 1 day late. Two positive tests later and a trip to my GP on Tuesday and I am definitely up the proverbial duff :-) Am between 4 and 5 weeks. And yep, it's my first ever pregnancy :-)

I was shocked originally even though we were trying but now I'm delighted. And with that comes terror. Every twinge, every discharge is freaking the living bejaysus out of me. I am having little cramps and yesterday I had a small bit of discharge that was a SUPER light creme caramel colour (sorry for TMI) and this morning first thing it was the lightest lightest lightest tinge of pink. My lady lumps are big and sore and I am tired and oh-so-gassy, so I know that the old hormones are doing their thang. Even writing this I know I am probably being ridiculous but I'm so worried about losing this after wanting it for so long.

Any other newbies feeling like this? I can't be like this for the next 8 weeks like!!

BTW Congrats to all of you!

xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

im the same, terrified at every twinge, also my 1st pregnancy, im 8weeks 1 day :)

best of luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i went through what your saying, i think every first time mother to be does.. but now im 26 weeks and thriving.. so trust me, it does pay to relax. Relax but dont ignore your body... most thing that seem odd or out of the ordinary or scarey are usually pregnancy related, but if something seems wrong dont be afraid to get it checked out.. thats what your doctor is there for..

but most of all enjoy it.. or one day you will wake up like i did and realise its more than half over :D

have a great xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congratulations!!!

Don't worry re cramping & twinges. I felt this from before I got my BFP right up until maybe a week and half ago (9 weeks now). They feel just like proper period cramps & can be quite strong sometimes. This is your uterus stretching & is particularly noticeable on your 1st pregnancy, though some women don't get them.

Re the bit of discharge, occasional spotting, this can happen to throughout the pregnancy & early stages and again isn't anything to worry about. If there's a lot of it, or bright red blood I'd contact your doctor, or if you are very worried re it. I didn't get it, so far, but loads of women do. Very often women can get little bleeds around the time their periods would be due for months and this is how they mightn't realise they're pregnant for ages as they think they are getting their period.

Best of luck!!! I take it you're due next August, sure you may as well start an August thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats!!

Exactly what Mink said really... im 12 weeks monday and i still get cramps... the doc and consultant have both said it is nothing to worry about. I am one of those women who has had bleeds (two... and they are pretty damn scary!) but everything with me is fine (aside from morning sickness!)... I've had 4 scans and my little babs is thriving!

Honestly I know how worrying it is... i really do. Try and relax though and enjoy Christmas and being pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Girls,

Thanks so much. You've all made me feel so much better. I also bought "What to Expect when you're Expecting" and it's a God send.

I'm being silly but I was explaining to my hubby this morning that such a cloak of silence surrounds early pregnancy that nobody hears about these symptoms til they happen to you. We've told nobody so I can't discuss it with anyone but you've all made a huge difference.

Good luck to you all!! Am sure I'll be checking in regularly.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Bellechic wrote: »
    Girls,

Thanks so much. You've all made me feel so much better. I also bought "What to Expect when you're Expecting" and it's a God send.

I'm being silly but I was explaining to my hubby this morning that such a cloak of silence surrounds early pregnancy that nobody hears about these symptoms til they happen to you. We've told nobody so I can't discuss it with anyone but you've all made a huge difference.

Good luck to you all!! Am sure I'll be checking in regularly.

xx

You just described that perfectly. I found it very hard at the start of my pregnancy I din't know what to expect or what was right or wrong. Checking undies everytime I went to loo, nearly running to gp with every stitch and twinge. The panic does wear off and you get to relax and enjoy it, I promise. I am now 24 weeks and have to say since 11 weeks it has flown! Hope all goes well for you.x

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭estar

hi there i was a bit scared too, as had no symptoms at all. however your body will follow the natural processes, dont question everything too much or load yourself up with expectations this early and just take every day as it comes. thats what i did, i just adopted the this will work out if its meant to strategy until my first appointment.

Advertisement