Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe dry skin : (

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Dear god!! I've had what I thought was dry skin around my mouth the last week but seems to be getting worse by the day. Now I've woke up this morning and it look like I've been sucking on a mug I've got a big ring of red extreamly dry and sore skin!! It actually looks like scurvey for all the world.. Anyone please recommend anything? I used a face cloth last night then put on e45 which stung the be jaysus out've me so any other ideas??

Oh I'm 16 weeks and feeling great except for this really sore skin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

a.man wrote: »
    Dear god!! I've had what I thought was dry skin around my mouth the last week but seems to be getting worse by the day. Now I've woke up this morning and it look like I've been sucking on a mug I've got a big ring of red extreamly dry and sore skin!! It actually looks like scurvey for all the world.. Anyone please recommend anything? I used a face cloth last night then put on e45 which stung the be jaysus out've me so any other ideas??

Oh I'm 16 weeks and feeling great except for this really sore skin!

There's a cream called allergenics which is natural and quite good? My local pharmacy stock it!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

As a preventative you could try putting vaseline on before bed. It sounds like you're drooling at night which is drying out the skin. I'm not much better myself. Ruined my fella's t-shirt the other night when I fell asleep on him. One of the more silly pregnancy side effects!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Avene - Skin Recovery Cream is great. You spread it on thickly and leave for 10 mins or so and then wipe any excess away. My skin used to be so dry there wasn't much excess after the amount of time - it had all soaked in, felt lovely afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

I suffer from extreme dry skin at times during the winter and I have found emulsifying lotion great however I'm not sure if this is a good thing to use on your face but you could ask at the chemist. It's an emollient I think so shouldn't sting or aggravate it any further. Hope you get some relief ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This stuff:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmU9PHfymyH34Lmm9vKxzmfMXsO10H1gChBrQJSmoq_mpJbMFV

They have it in Tesco & Boots , make sure its this one and not the other one in the metal tube. I've been using it for years and Its the only thing that works form the minute you use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

I had this wierd skin condition before where the skin on my face got really red tight itchy and dry...so dry it started to split, it was actually an infection which i needed to take penicillin for. I know yours is not an infection but at the time the doctor told me to clean my face just with as cold water as i could stand, not to use a cloth or anything, just literally throw water on it, pat it dry and then put a thick layer of aqueous cream on it, not to rub it in, just leave it sit on the skin until it soaks in..it really worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, i got a skin condition when oi was pregnant also. Although sounds a little different to yours. But basically i went to the doc and apart from a few natural remedies, which for me were useless, there was nothing i could really use as most of the creams contain steroids and these cant be used in pregnancy as they are absorbed through the skin and can be harmful to baby. Just something to watch out for.

Advertisement