Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to test for the presence of ingredients of animal origin for cosmetics

Options
  • 22-12-2011 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

hope I'm in the right place, not breaking any rules, mods but please feel free to move if you think it's suitable.

Anyhow,

I have reason to believe that someone is selling soaps made with animal tallow/rendered animal fat but this person is now claiming that the soaps are made from olive oil. I'm pretty sure this is not true. Since this is not a food issue, my options are limited, especially since the cutbacks mean now that certain bodies no longer have labs.

Can anyone recommend me a lab in the greater Dublin area where I can get those soaps tested (I have a selection of 8 samples) for the presence and percentage (if any) of ingredients of animal origin, or what sort of lab to look for?

Also, how much money would I be looking at to get this done and how long would this take?

(Before you ask, the literature doesn't deny it, the animal free allegations are verbal but it was freely admitted before and I don't have a manufacturing address...and yes, the chain of control is broken but I need to know for myself)

Advertisement