Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis !!!!

Options
  • 22-12-2011 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Bowling, Frisbee and Scuba Diving get their own thread but Tennis doesn't?

Why is tennis grouped with Squash and other racquet sports.

Might as well put golf, hurling and baseball together.

Someone get it sorted ! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

I suppose its because nobody comes on here posting about tennis.
    It takes a couple of people to start and then it might take off.
    Ireland are playing Britan at the moment and nobody mentioned it. The DLTC league is huge and there is no mention anywhere.
    I have offered in another thread to answer any questions from people trying to get started, so we'll see if anybody gets on to me.
    Where do you play OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I have a court in my apt building so normally play there or in Melbourne Park which is where the Oz Open is on in few weeks time.

Very excited. Going to try go to a Federer match in one of the early rounds.

Watched some Tomic last year. Hopefully he improves and stops being so lazy.

Was a member of Templeogue Tennis Club as a kid so trying to get back into it over here. Was gonna try find some boards members in Melbourne but alas......

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭monkey 456

dave3004 wrote: »
    I have a court in my apt building so normally play there or in Melbourne Park which is where the Oz Open is on in few weeks time.

Very excited. Going to try go to a Federer match in one of the early rounds.

Watched some Tomic last year. Hopefully he improves and stops being so lazy.

Was a member of Templeogue Tennis Club as a kid so trying to get back into it over here. Was gonna try find some boards members in Melbourne but alas......
    Im thirteen nd im a member of tempelogue tennis club! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

dave3004 wrote: »
    Bowling, Frisbee and Scuba Diving get their own thread but Tennis doesn't?

Why is tennis grouped with Squash and other racquet sports.

Might as well put golf, hurling and baseball together.

Someone get it sorted ! :rolleyes:
    totally agree, it took me a long time to find anything to do with tennis on here, so lets get started. the clay court season is upon us so lets hope it a good summer of tennis..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

We vote for separate Tennis thread. It must be the most popular racket sport in the country by far???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭monkey 456

+1 for tennis thread.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Yeah lets do this!

Who do we have to annoy to get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Request a tennis forum here. If you get enough support, it could be possible.

Advertisement