Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Gaming laptops.

Options
  • 22-12-2011 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im looking to play SWTOR on a laptop. currently have it on my desktop but find myself away from home during the week.
    Im looking to spend around 800-1000 anything less would be great of course. Specs for the game are
    Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
    Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
    Operating System:
    Windows XP or later
    RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
    Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM
    Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
    nVidia 7800 or better
    Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better
    DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Also i want to play it with medium ish settings not too pushed on the graphics being ultra or anything just want to be able to s the effects and have a high fps. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,842 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Advice on Gaming laptops.

Here's advice: "Gaming" and "Laptop" don't really belong in the same sentence.

mobile components are always underpowered vs their desktop equivalents.

the specs for TOR are not bad at all but if you're looking for a "Gaming Laptop". Good luck. You could buy 2 PCs for the amount of money you'd spend.

But ****, anything will play TOR. Grab something with an i5-2xxx and let the Intel HD IGP do the work. something with a GPU is a plus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Check out this thread, theres a couple of Asus laptops I link there that would suit you for around 600 euro. There's also a third one one the site for 900 but that would be overkill if all your playing is SWTOR.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75968142

And Overheal in fairness sometimes desktops are not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Wardy92

Thanks guys, yea unfortunately a desktop is not an option :P

Advertisement