Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found: Golden Retriever (Monty)...

Options
  • 22-12-2011 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

While out walking my girlfriends dog (also a Golden Retriever) we came back to the car to see another Golden Retriever waiting beside our car. It was about 9pm tonight we found him and no one else was around.

This was the car park in Shangannagh Park, Shankill, Dublin.

We walked him near to the housing estate near the park but he seemed lost and didn't know his way around so we're assuming he's not from there.

We tried ringing the Garda for help but got nothing. After a bit of investigation, we managed to get his name as there was no tag on his collar. His name is Monty and is Micro-Chipped but his address and owners name just leads back to the vet in Loughlanstown (Cheerywood Veterinary Clinic Dublin).

He's about 2 - 3 years old.

Upon arriving at the car park, there was a suspiciously parked car with no lights on, so we're assuming that these could be the owners and possibly dumped him? If not we'd really like to get him back to his owners as he's a lovely dog.

The poor chap stinks of fox crap and looks messy but we'll give him a nice shower tomorrow.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

How'd you get the dog's name and owner details? If you contact the vet it led back to they should have a contact number for the owner.

Also contact the pound (not sure which one is for that area but the gardai should be able to tell you) and leave details with them, thats the first port of call for a lot of owners when they've lost their dog. Post here http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/ and if your on facebook put it up on a few rescue's walls. If he's genuinely lost I hope he gets re-united soon, if he was indeed dumped I hope karma catches up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Zapperzy wrote: »
    How'd you get the dog's name and owner details? If you contact the vet it led back to they should have a contact number for the owner.

Also contact the pound (not sure which one is for that area but the gardai should be able to tell you) and leave details with them, thats the first port of call for a lot of owners when they've lost their dog. Post here http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/ and if your on facebook put it up on a few rescue's walls. If he's genuinely lost I hope he gets re-united soon, if he was indeed dumped I hope karma catches up with them.

We brought it to the UCD Veterinary Clinic and they got his microchip number but all they got was his name and Vet details.

The Garda didn't have a clue what to do and didn't have numbers for me. We're going to contact the vet tomorrow and hopefully will reunite him with his owners. If not, we may take him in :D... but our priority is his home first.

Thanks, I'll do all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Hey, did you get dogs owners details? I am in Dublin south myself & know lots of people with Retrievers & can put the word out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

marley123 wrote: »
    Hey, did you get dogs owners details? I am in Dublin south myself & know lots of people with Retrievers & can put the word out..

Returned to his owner this morning. We got details from the Vet in Loughlinstown and the owner was up to us by 9 a.m.

I'm glad he's back to his family now :)... but I miss him already :o.

Advertisement