Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox gone black&white at 60 hz

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Turned on my xbox this evening to find that the picture was black and white! WTF. So a quick google and i find out i need to change the frequency to 50 hz. Done!

Colour comes back and I go to play Gears of War 3 but to now the xbox wont play it as it doesnt support 50 hz.

Anyone else have this problem?? Game, tv and xbox have work fine together these last few months, why the sudden change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Wonder has it anything to do with the new Metro dashboard? Have you tried to play other games at 60Hz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

yes works with Fifa 12 and i had played Gears previously on the new dashboard for a number of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Sounds like your TV is having an issue coping with 60hz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's two ways to deal with this:

1. Get a new TV. If yours doesn't support 60Hz it's from the days dinosaurs stalked the earth.

2. The cheaper option. Get an RGB scart cable. It's an international standard so supports 50 and 60 Hz. Also I'm guessing you are using composite (red, white and yellow) cables on a standard definition TV. RGB will give you a massive increase in visual quality almost on par with HD. Just remember most TVs have multiple scart scokets but only the first scart socket (usually AV1) will support RGB scart.

Sounds like MS dropped 50HZ support completely which is very strange? Can you not change it in the options? I know some games don't support 50Hz at all.

Advertisement