Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken tooth cutting cheek

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have some how managed to chip one of my wisdom teeth and now the rough edge is cutting into my cheek. With work being busy at the mo and funds lower than usual, I won't get to the dentist for another week or two. Is there anything I can do in the short term? Is there such thing as a temporary filling I could get in the chemist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Msfc wrote: »
    I have some how managed to chip one of my wisdom teeth and now the rough edge is cutting into my cheek. With work being busy at the mo and funds lower than usual, I won't get to the dentist for another week or two. Is there anything I can do in the short term? Is there such thing as a temporary filling I could get in the chemist?

If it is chipped, most likely it is because of underlying decay or maybe you are a serious grinder (but decay is most likely)... You may be looking at a filling or extraction depending...

In the meantime, you can get a temp filling in the chemist. Dry the tooth with tissue/ gauze, then squeeze the filling into the hole or over the sharp area and bite down, then smooth away the excess...

Another option is to get some wax used by patents with braces to stop the wires cutting the lips...

These are temp fixes, see a dentist when you can...

Good luck,
    OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Thanks OS

Advertisement