Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock and accounting software - what do you use?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

I need to get an accounting software for my small business. Is there anything you use that you would be happy to recommend? I am prepared to pay up to €200 (excluding VAT) for an annual license.

These are the features I need:
    - two separate warehouses (ability to transfer stock between them)
    - adding a photo to each product
    - adding two separate prices in two different currencies to each product (€ and $)

I would also like to have some basic accounting features like keeping track of the expenses, preparing VAT returns, Income Tax return, invoicing. The accounts features are not so important, I can still manage to do them in Excel. I just need a good software to manage stock, because in six months I might be completely lost if I keep doing it in Excel :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 starfish30

You've a decision to make. Sage 50 Accounts Professional or Quickbooks will do the foreign currency price lists for products, add a picture for each product (not sure bout quickbooks on that but sage 50 def does), and all the accounting stuff. I generally find the foreign currency element in Sage 50 better than Quickbooks, esp for customer and supplier pricelists and reporting, if that is a big part of your business.

Problem is the multi warehouse, it's one of those things like serial and batch tracking that means a big jump up to a bigger package like Sage 200 or Exchequer. The difference in price is 1-2k, to 7-10k in price...

Do you have many product items? you could set up a different product code for each warehouse so e.g. PipesWA, and PipesWB are two product codes for same product, one quantity in warehouse a and one in warehouse B, and then you can still transfer stock from one to the other by adjusting one down and the other up.

Advertisement