Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locksmith to cut a blank Ford key?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got two working keys for my new car, but only one has remote locking, and the spare one won't disable the immobiliser on my 2001 Ford Puma (basically a MK6 Fiesta).

I bought a blank 3 button key on ebay, and I've got the transponder programming instructions, but I need to find a locksmith that'll cut the blank for me and not charge silly money for it.
    To my mind it shouldn't really cost more than a tenner, given what's involved, and that I've done / will do the rest.

Oddly, I got a 3rd key with my car with no 'handle' just a T-shape, looks the same as the others, but won't open the door unless it's been remotely unlocked already, and while it'll turn and the electrics (radio, windows) come on, the engine won't turn over (no immobiliser function?). What use is this exactly?
    It could be for the petrol cap, but um, that hasn't locked since I bought the car, a good turn with the hand sorts that out.
    I thought maybe as a spare to cut a new key from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Hi all,

I've got two working keys for my new car, but only one has remote locking, and the spare one won't disable the immobiliser on my 2001 Ford Puma (basically a MK6 Fiesta).

I bought a blank 3 button key on ebay, and I've got the transponder programming instructions, but I need to find a locksmith that'll cut the blank for me and not charge silly money for it.
    To my mind it shouldn't really cost more than a tenner, given what's involved, and that I've done / will do the rest.

Oddly, I got a 3rd key with my car with no 'handle' just a T-shape, looks the same as the others, but won't open the door unless it's been remotely unlocked already, and while it'll turn and the electrics (radio, windows) come on, the engine won't turn over (no immobiliser function?). What use is this exactly?
    It could be for the petrol cap, but um, that hasn't locked since I bought the car, a good turn with the hand sorts that out.
    I thought maybe as a spare to cut a new key from?

Brown Brothers in Dun Laoghaire charged me €10 to cut a ford key(i supplied the blank key);)
    any good locksmiths should be able to cut one

Advertisement