Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying hair while pregnant.

Options
  • 21-12-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone dyed their hair while pregnant?
    Is it safe?
    Any particular brand safer?
    Can't have grey roots for Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i got one in a health food shop part of a chemist that the pharmacist ok'd for me to use. Ammonia and loads of other **** free.. but be warned it was about 17 euro. But again, I like you, could not have gammy roots for the xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

Hi Op,

I had dyed brown hair when I got pregnant and didn't want to use the hair dyes in-case something happened so I started getting a full head of meche highlights cause they don't touch your scalp so the hair dye cant be absorbed by your skin. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

i got one in a health food shop part of a chemist that the pharmacist ok'd for me to use. Ammonia and loads of other **** free.. but be warned it was about 17 euro. But again, I like you, could not have gammy roots for the xmas

WOW €17 thats crazy!! I know my sister uses one from health food store and its much much cheaper than that think its around the same as normal hair dye. Can't remember the name of brand now but will find out tomorrow and post.

Personally I wouldn't dye my hair when pregnant but if I was going to I would use the chemical ammonia free one from health food store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I dyed away at my hair this time and the last, though admittedly I am going longer in between visits to the hairdressers.

I reckon the amount of chemical nasties that you are absorbing is minimal and we are probably putting far worse onto our skin and into our bodies every day of the week, but then again, I'm not a worrier. I have a friend who has no alcohol, no cheese (of any type), no eggs and no seafood at all when she's pregnant. I think you can overdose on caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I dyed my hair as normal the whole way through pregnancy with no probs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement