Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie has voice search?!?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

So I tried it out with this:

"This is Sniipe from Boards.ie testing out the chrome search"
    resulted in: this point for sorry testing out the chrome search

"why hasn't the expansion to the Bands & Musicians forum not happened yet?" resulted in: why has the option to buy stuff for jackson

"hello this is a test 123"
    resulted in: hello this is a test 123
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yup, read this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056489502

The voice search is only as good as Google's algorithms, which I'm sure will improve in time. Plus, I imagine it needs a bit more time with the Irish accent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Yup as Gordon said this is something that will only ever be as good as Google's Voice algorithm is.

With the likes of Siri being actually good when it comes to voice recognition. Google will (are most likely are right now) stepping up their algorithms so this change to boards should pick up their changes :) (don't hold me to this if they break it).

A funny anecdote: when I first bought an android phone I noticed it had voice search for maps on it. I decided to test out how accurate it was by giving it a fairly difficult (or what I'd deem to be difficult) address.

Me: "18 Aungier Street, Dublin 8"
    Google: "did you mean 18 Aungier Street, Full Blown Aids?

Hilarity insued...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement