Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDF cork ?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Are the rdf in collins barracks recruiting ? i know the nsr are but im not interested I would like to join infantry even tho there packed,everytime i go its hard to get past the gate with out knowing somone.anyone have any tips or numbers to call that actualy work unlike the ones on the website ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

infantry are not packed... but the RDF are currently not recruiting or if they are its very very little. my own unit has a list as long as me arm of potential recruits waiting to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

would it be a waste of time going up tonight to see if I can join ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Yes. Closed for christmas. Try again in the 2nd week of January. Thats if the RDF haven't been disbanded by then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

yes all (or most) units are on leave for Xmas. We will all be back 2nd week in jan.

your best bet os to phone the cadre staff in the barracks of the unit you wish to join.

you can find the info on the web on www.military.ie's site (i think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

Yes. Closed for christmas. Try again in the 2nd week of January. Thats if the RDF haven't been disbanded by then.
    Ah no need to be so negative.

• Advertisement

ruserious wrote: »
    Ah no need to be so negative.

I hope you are right....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ruserious

I hope you are right....
    Based on my readings and rumours, the AR will be completely overhauled and a smaller force (perhaps half current establishment) will co-exist along with PDF units in existing open barracks. The NSR will continue as normal but will lose maybe 25% from establishment but will have little effect as the 4 units will be kept but a smaller individual establishment for each, from which I understand, they have nowhere near establishment at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭mcko

Looks like the NSR will be at 70% of the current establishment accross the 4 Units. I don't know about the AR but it doen't look good for Units not in an occupied Bks.

Still where there is life there is hope.

and only 3 lt cdrs.

and only 3 lt cdrs.
    It is 70% of each units establishment not the NSR in total so we will be keeping 4 Lt Cdrs in the NSR and 4 SCPOs as well.
    That being said none of the above has been signed off by the Flag so nothing might change and all might change.
    To be honest I fear for the future of the RDF as a whole.

• Advertisement

mcko wrote: »
    It is 70% of each units establishment not the NSR in total so we will be keeping 4 Lt Cdrs in the NSR and 4 SCPOs as well.
    That being said none of the above has been signed off by the Flag so nothing might change and all might change.

The minister has other ideas, and 3 Lt Cdrs only is one of them.

The minister has other ideas, and 3 Lt Cdrs only is one of them.

Again nothing is agreed, what is the big deal if we lose a Lt Cdr you seem to be taking some sort of pleasure in the loss.
    Most Nsr COs are good officers with their units best at heart

Again nothing is agreed, what is the big deal if we lose a Lt Cdr you seem to be taking some sort of pleasure in the loss.
    Most Nsr COs are good officers with their units best at heart

How do you make that one out?
    There are currently 3 lt cdrs in the NSR, there are 4 units. There are no plans to fill the fourth vacancy.
    Read it here!
    http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/11/23/00152.asp

Sorry if I took you up wrong, again as far as I know the NS are planning on 70% of each Unit, but nothing seemd to be decided.:)

Advertisement