Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balancing college and pregnancy

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi everyone, congrats on your pregnancies :)

I'm just wondering is there any other mums to be out there who are in college at the moment? Just wondering how are you finding balancing college, assignments, exams and being pregnant?

I'm due the start of August so luckily I'll be able to finish this college year. Studying for exams in January at the moment and just finding it so hard to concentrate between looking up baby websites (hence why I'm here when I'm supposed to be studying!) and feeling sick! I'm just worried about trying not to stress but still getting everything done for college and for baby's arrival :eek:

How are you finding it all?

xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I'm too in this position, all I can say is that if you have a good support system you will be fine.
    Stay in college 9-6 and get all the study you need done and then go home to your baby.
    Between my own Mother and the rest of my family I will have plenty of support- you just have to ask.

As for exams... You can see I am also on here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

It's not easy. I'm doing a part time degree - currently in year 2 and working part time too. I think pregnancy turns your brain to mush! I'm due in early March so not long to go - exams were a bit of a nightmare. Good luck, you'll get through ...

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Yeah I have great support at home so that will definitely help. Definitely agree with the whole pregnancy turning your brain to mush, I'm getting so forgetful!
    Thanks for the replies, it's nice to see there's others out there like me! Just doing my best not to stress as its not good for the baby. Can I ask were your college supportive or helpful? I haven't spoken with mine yet but I'm going to have to defer next year, will have to talk to them in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I go to NUI maynooth and I just told them-they are great with regards to asking me if I wanted to do my Xmas exams at a later date or wanted my own exam room etc.
    When is your baby due?
    I;m due in july so i;m going back in Sept. Faster it's done the better life my baby will have so I don't feel deferring is a good fit for me. I know it will be hard but they way I'm looking at it is if I had a job I would be away just as much so I gotta suck it up and do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

I'm due the first week of August but I'm meant to be starting work placement as part of the course in mid-August so that's not happening! :P
    I'm hoping to just defer my first semester and return after xmas, it's the least disruptive way I can think of doing it. Fingers crossed they'll let me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement