Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights Help

Options
  • 21-12-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong location for this.

I've been trying to source some nice novelty Christmas tree lights for my folks. I should have ordered online but I've left it late.

They had a lovely old set which was several ornaments like a horse-carriage, lanterns, snowflake, spinning top etc that lit up.

All I've been able to find in the usual spots (Woodies, B&Q etc) are bog standard white/blue LED lights which look pretty bland.

Can anyone help with this? It needs to be in a bricks&mortar shop. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Did you try Lidl and Aldi . They had loads of lights

Also where are you based

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

WIZE wrote: »
    Did you try Lidl and Aldi . They had loads of lights

Also where are you based
    Based in Limerick but I can check out Cork too. I was in Lidl the other day and it seemed mostly the bog standard glass bulb or led lights. I run in again later sure and to Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Pity .

We have a place called the Orchard in Celbridge , Kildare

They have amazing Deco and Lights for Christmas .

http://www.theorchard.ie/christmas.html

I know its too far away from you :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

KerranJast wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong location for this.

I've been trying to source some nice novelty Christmas tree lights for my folks. I should have ordered online but I've left it late.

They had a lovely old set which was several ornaments like a horse-carriage, lanterns, snowflake, spinning top etc that lit up.

All I've been able to find in the usual spots (Woodies, B&Q etc) are bog standard white/blue LED lights which look pretty bland.

Can anyone help with this? It needs to be in a bricks&mortar shop. Thanks!

Conboys in Woodquay Galway had a few boxes of Pifco Victorian Lanterns yesterday
    The light set you're talking about was called Tutti Fruiti I think and had one of each of their most popular lights on the strand but it's no longer made

Advertisement