Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Same advert for two very different liqueurs...

Options
  • 21-12-2011 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that Disaronno (Italian muck) and Tia Maria (originally Jamaican muck) are flogged on the telly using the same ad or am I super smart?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Just came here to post same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Oh my god I was just about to post the same thing too three:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Bacardi distribute & promote both drinks - looks like their advertising execs are getting money for flogging the same horse twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've also noticed that when you taste Dissarono and Tia Maria they both taste exactly the same too?

Like cat diarrihea!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've also noticed that when you taste Dissarono and Tia Maria they both taste exactly the same too?

Like cat diarrihea!

I see a new slogan..

Dissarono and Tia Maria,
    Tastes like cat diarrihea.
    In shops now for Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

In fairness Tia Maria isn't that bad when used as a cocktail ingredient - e.g. White Russian. Definitely wouldn't drink it on the rocks but "diarrhea" is a bit strong of a term to describe it. Haven't tried the Desaronno stuff but the ad is so laughably "buy this if you want to be sophisticated" style that it'd put me off - basically an alcoholic version of the much derided Ferrero Rocher ads years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Custardpi wrote: »
    In fairness Tia Maria isn't that bad when used as a cocktail ingredient - e.g. White Russian. Definitely wouldn't drink it on the rocks but "diarrhea" is a bit strong of a term to describe it. Haven't tried the Desaronno stuff but the ad is so laughably "buy this if you want to be sophisticated" style that it'd put me off - basically an alcoholic version of the much derided Ferrero Rocher ads years ago.
    You mean it dosent make you sophisticated? aww :(

Drink Tia Maria

Drink Cat Diarrhea

Then we can talk!

Drink Tia Maria

Drink Cat Diarrhea

Then we can talk!

That's some cat you must have if he/she defecates a (admittedly not mindblowingly special) cocktail mixer - must be very useful for parties. Do you have a dog that p1sses cheap wine?

That's some cat you must have if he/she defecates a (admittedly not mindblowingly special) cocktail mixer - must be very useful for parties. Do you have a dog that p1sses cheap wine?

You think i've tasted my dog's pee?

What am I, crazy?

• Advertisement

Sorry, you're right. Cat poop is a far more reasonable place to draw the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Disaronno is like drinking the worst almond finger or bake well tart you could imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Got a link to the videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

That Tia Maria and cranberry ad looks like someone scutters into her glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

is that the ad where the dark haired woman walks through a crowd. If so, she looks like she could do with a good wash. She's filthy looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

So is it the same ad or wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Haven't seen the ad other than the one for tia maria, its nice in a baby guinness but on its own ugh! I prefer my baileys liqueur!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Like cat diarrihea!
    You clearly aren't sophisticated. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee you can buy.

And yes it is made from cat excrement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2002/09/13/catcoffee_020913.html

You clearly aren't sophisticated. Kopi Luwak is the most expensive coffee you can buy.

And yes it is made from cat excrement.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2002/09/13/catcoffee_020913.html

Hopefully Santa knows i'm reading this thread ;)

Advertisement