Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People Names Beginning with 'A' who get random Text messages and calls.

Options
  • 20-12-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

huh?

my name begins with A. I don't get random texts and calls.

do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

huh?

he said "a" not "h".

damn you woman with your ninja edit!

My phone book opens on the last person I dialled/messaged so doesn't effect me. Also where exactly do you see this topic going OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

MLH1 wrote: »

People Names Beginning with 'Z' who get random Text messages and calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yep, I do it pretty regularly to Aimee, Alan and Ann.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

A lot of my mates would have me down as Bob, got used to answering the phone hearing things jingling in pockets so I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Hmm I always wondered why my friend Aaron Aadvark had a chip on his shoulder :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I remember having to put AAAAA as the first contact in a very old nokia phone i had, as i was always phoning a mate Andy by mistake.
    Hasn't happened to any of my resent phones.

One time I got a call but it turns out the guy who rang me just dialled the wrong number. You should have been there, hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Used to always happen to me. I'd go to make a phone call and end up phoning my friend Alan. Ended up putting AAA in as a contact just to stop p#ssing him off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Yeah the girl that is first on my phone book has had a few random phone calls from me down the years. Either through drunkeness or not being able to use a new phone. Must really suck to have a Double-A name like Aaron!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mackg wrote: »
    One time I got a call but it turns out the guy who rang me just dialled the wrong number. You should have been there, hilarious!

I got one once about someone telling me to go home and watch the kid for a while.

Honestly had no idea who they were and they were having none of.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

A lot of my mates would have me down as Bob, got used to answering the phone hearing things jingling in pockets so I did.

Giggidy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Yep has happened me a few times, but you can just as easily redial the last person called/texted :)

I've account as my 1st contact anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I was once waiting in a pub for a friend. He was late so I wrote up a text saying, "Where the fúck are you now sh1tbrick?". He walked in the door before I could send it. I put the phone in my pocket along with a box of cigarettes.

Next morning I got a call from an ex-housemate, a Spanish girl. Her name began with "A" and was the first name in my phone contacts. Unknown to me the cigarette box was pushing against the phone all night. She received nearly 50 texts from me that night saying, "Where the fúck are you now sh1tbrick?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah the girl that is first on my phone book has had a few random phone calls from me down the years. Either through drunkeness or not being able to use a new phone. Must really suck to have a Double-A name like Aaron!

you mean i'm not the first? ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Dotrel wrote: »
    People Names Beginning with 'Z' who get random Text messages and calls.

Yeah, true :(

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I got one once about someone telling me to go home and watch the kid for a while.

The phone calls to the wife have become that distant have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I've gotten a fair few messages and calls from people who didn't mean to. I have 'A' saved first in my phone book as my own number so it won't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

My friends son plays with her phone and regularly rings me on it because I'm the first contact in the phone... I know if I don't hear anything for the first five seconds it's him ringing me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Senna wrote: »
    I remember having to put AAAAA as the first contact in a very old nokia phone i had, as i was always phoning a mate Andy by mistake.

It was quite a problem 8-10 years ago but once phones became less basic it's not an issue. I'm an A, my husband is an A and our flatmate 9 years ago was an A. Not a day went by back then that one of us didn't get a random pocket call or a bunch of blank texts. It was more annoying for the phone owners though, I suspect, as calls and texts were pretty expensive back then too.

That reminds me,

Once got a call about 9 in the morning off a number I didn't know. When I answered it was this guy with a really harsh Dublin accent calling me Darren. I had been asleep so I was just saying what over and over again in response. Next thing he drops "Darren is it you or Lisa selling the hash?" sounded more like someone concerned about them than someone trying to buy. I said sorry you have the wrong number and your man just hung up, got a good laugh out of that. Doubt I will ever get a more entertaining wrong number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Senna wrote: »

Who did you send them to, and why didn't they get them the first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

iguana wrote: »
    It was quite a problem 8-10 years ago but once phones became less basic it's not an issue. I'm an A, my husband is an A and our flatmate 9 years ago was an A. Not a day went by back then that one of us didn't get a random pocket call or a bunch of blank texts. It was more annoying for the phone owners though, I suspect, as calls and texts were pretty expensive back then too.

It seems that you've had a lot of AA meetings.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pollynomial

Yeah, that's true my poor cousin Aine keeps getting random texts and calls from my phone, I like Aoifey!'s idea of putting a random A number in front, will try that!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

I'm forever sending blank texts to my friend Peter....hang on - do I have less friends than most of you...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It seems that you've had a lot of AA meetings.:(

Yup, can't keep that darn car on the road. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Back when I had my first phone I had a fella I knew down as my first contact, his name was Aidan. Unfortunately it wasn't his phone and it was his fathers. I kept on forgetting to lock my keypad so I'd end up ringing him pretty much every day. Eventually the father sent me a message threatening to ring the guards on me. That was a good laugh.

Now I have my credit balance number down as Aaaaaaaa. I've been doing that for years. Means that I can find out my credit handily and not end up ringing or texting anyone by accident. Saves me a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Now I have my credit balance number down as Aaaaaaaa. I've been doing that for years. Means that I can find out my credit handily and not end up ringing or texting anyone by accident. Saves me a lot of hassle.
    Myself + Most of my family did that too - Credit Balance would be down as A for speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I was giving out to my daughter one day to get up to the table and eat her dinner. She had my phone in her hand and when I took it off her there was a person on the other end asking her if she was ok. She was after ringing anglesea st garda station :eek:

Advertisement