Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit and Ulster bank fees

Options
  • 20-12-2011 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i was going to apply online for a debit card through ulster, but then saw something that they take 10 euro from your account every month, i have aib currently but need a visa (cant get a cc) and i know aib is gonna get visa but i cant wait.

so anyone here who has a debit card at ulster bank, do they charge monthly or annually??

thanks,
    kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

kevin9 wrote: »
    i was going to apply online for a debit card through ulster, but then saw something that they take 10 euro from your account every month, i have aib currently but need a visa (cant get a cc) and i know aib is gonna get visa but i cant wait.

so anyone here who has a debit card at ulster bank, do they charge monthly or annually??

thanks,
    kevin

For the Select aka basic account they dont charge. I rang them recently as I am doing the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Pretty sure it's not monthly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

kevin9 wrote: »

thanks,
    kevin

Are you applying for a UB credit card?

If yes, the 2 charges are the government stamp duty and then the normal interest rate etc.

The visa debit is a card on a UB current account and has no monthly fee. The €10 is a monthly fee for the ufirst account. This fee is to have access to other features etc.

They have three accounts for everyday banking: step, current and ufirst.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I have a visa debit card with ulster bank and have fee free banking with this. From memory I pay a fee if my account goes overdrawen or when I get a cheque book but I am not paying €10 a month to have a Visa debit card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement