Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording the ultrasound?

Options
  • 20-12-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

hi,

My wife and I are going for our hospital scan next week (week 22).

We went for a private scan about 6 weeks ago and it was amazing. We saw lots and there was lots of activity. We were given a CD with photos and short video clip. I know a friend of mine who recorded their's on their iPhone and I regretted afterwards that I didn't do the same as video clip was very short and there was so much more (i was speechless / witless when it was happening so didn't have the cop on to whip out my phone and start recording).

Now that we're going for the hospital scan I wonder is it okay to do that? The quality of the pictures they give you in the hospital isn't as good, and i don't think they give you any video, so I really want to capture it myself. But would there be any policies in place in the hospital against private videoing? Its Holles Street if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I went to Holles street and tried to record on my phone and was told it wasn't allowed. Might have just been the sonographer I got but she was really nice other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I asked if I could record one of the scans, and the doctor was fine with it. Not sure why they wouldn't let you record it to be honest. It is not like you aren't looking at the screen yourself anyway.

Advertisement