Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coomagearlahy Wind Farm

Options
  • 20-12-2011 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find information on the 42.5 MW wind farm at Coomagearlahy (civil works, development of the substation etc).

The wind farm was originally developed by SWS Energy who were subsequently bought out by Bord Gais. Any links that I have found to articles on the development of the site are redirected to the Bord Gais website, where there is no trace of the articles.

Thanks and kind regards.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Is this what you are looking for, planning docs on Kerry coco website (download pdf):

http://atomik.kerrycoco.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=021241

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ohallg

Oldtree wrote: »
    Is this what you are looking for, planning docs on Kerry coco website (download pdf):

http://atomik.kerrycoco.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=021241

Oldtree,

Many thanks for this reply....

This is a big help.

Happy Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭joela

Ohallg wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find information on the 42.5 MW wind farm at Coomagearlahy (civil works, development of the substation etc).

The wind farm was originally developed by SWS Energy who were subsequently bought out by Bord Gais. Any links that I have found to articles on the development of the site are redirected to the Bord Gais website, where there is no trace of the articles.

Thanks and kind regards.....

I think the wind farm may be known as Kilgarvan wind farm which has been built if it is the same one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

It caused havoc with the local TV reception down there and apparently still is. There is several windfarms in the area and they are not all owned by the same company. There is probably over 100 turbines in that district overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JOS19

Does anyone know the typical cost of building the 20kV to 110kV substation like the one on this Windfarm or the Cost of 6km of Transmission lines?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

JOS19 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the typical cost of building the 20kV to 110kV substation like the one on this Windfarm or the Cost of 6km of Transmission lines?
    College project? Lazy! Contact ESB Networks or EIRGRID

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

OK I think this thread has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement