Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSM tonight Channel 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ah nuts....im hoping this will be rebroadcast over the xmas????

CH5 is free to air dude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

If you have Sky Digital, there's some sort of input code thing you can do to get Channel 5. The mammy did it so she could watch Big Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

ah nuts....im hoping this will be rebroadcast over the xmas????

CH5 is free to air dude...

I have an aerial like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

If you have Sky Digital, there's some sort of input code thing you can do to get Channel 5. The mammy did it so she could watch Big Brother.

Main menu -> Services -> Other channels -> Kablamo

I saw it last night, as far as the wsm qualifiers go it was one of the worst I've seen production-wise... I expect the actual finals to be quality though.

19:00 21 Dec 2011
    Channel 5

On again tonight. Head is melted off me trying to get to see this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

squod wrote: »
    On again tonight. Head is melted off me trying to get to see this.

If you have Sky go into "other channels" and it should be there. I missed last nights programme but looking forward to the competition over the next few days.

Don't have sky. Was hoping that by 2011 this kind of thing would stream on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I was surprised to see 2 Irish based lads competing. Shalaei is a brute-properly sick and still placed 2nd

Was expecting him to place in the top three. Really didn't see Shaw beating either him or Z.

• Advertisement

Someone with a youtube account has sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I got Channel 5 that way as well. The only drawback is that you don't get a guide to what's on or coming up.

Anyone got a way for me to watch this from here? Proxies won't work from this machine.

The Icelandic guy is bigger than Shaw but doesnt fully have the same power. He is only 22 though so he has many years to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Got a torrent of the qualifiers - up to episode 4.

Martin Wildauers celebration after deadlifting is easily one of the best clips from any strongman series! :pac:

Caught this tonight..your man from the uk was gas repping the 325kg squat..." will i go for one more? sure why not" travis had a bad day though

Caught this tonight..your man from the uk was gas repping the 325kg squat..." will i go for one more? sure why not" travis had a bad day though

Yeah he was good. Shaw is an animal though he was barely even breaking a sweat the night before. The guys strength is just off the chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

I thought it was a very good final as they go. Bit surprised Poundstone didn't do alot better.

Also, had there been a loading medley and had the deadlift been for reps then Big V could have won the whole thing. Having the two heavy walking events and the max deadlift definitely favored the heavier guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

i thought there was more than 6 events in the final was it not 8 events in previous years?
    i still think big Z is by far the strongest he is just too slow!!
    poundstone was a bit of a dissappiontment in the final

flatout11 wrote: »
    i thought there was more than 6 events in the final was it not 8 events in previous years?
    i still think big Z is by far the strongest he is just too slow!!
    poundstone was a bit of a dissappiontment in the final

Big Z has the strongest arms and shoulders all right. He was slower than Shaw on the stones and that cost him the title.

Big Z has the strongest arms and shoulders all right. He was slower than Shaw on the stones and that cost him the title.

yea its not the first time he lost out for his speed on the stones didnt the same happen against marius a few years previous?
    anyone know what happened the big russian guy that was in it for the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

flatout11 wrote: »
    yea its not the first time he lost out for his speed on the stones didnt the same happen against marius a few years previous?
    anyone know what happened the big russian guy that was in it for the last few years?

Mikhail Koklyaev didn't compete as he is trying to make the Russian Olympic lifting team for London.

Mikhail Koklyaev didn't compete as he is trying to make the Russian Olympic lifting team for London.

he looked very impressive in previous years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

And apparently there's a lot more to that story too :D

And apparently there's a lot more to that story too :D
    how so?

Advertisement