Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car valeting in town

Options
  • 20-12-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭

Who would you recommend?

Best quality and best price probably won't be mutual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

Who would you recommend?

Best quality and best price probably won't be mutual.

the place across from flanigans fish factory on the northern extention of the IDA are very popular and come highly reccomended,
    two polish lads and girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

James mylett is excellent. Does all the cars in my family and we are always pleased with the results. Excellent work. ill give you his number if ya want.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Place in City Square do a fantastic job, inside and out, at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Never had it done before but it would make a great present for a friend, what is the usual price for a good hoover in the car and the boot and polish inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Sully wrote: »
    Place in City Square do a fantastic job, inside and out, at a good price.

+1 for the City Square boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

batm!ke wrote: »
    +1 for the City Square boys

+2. I think it is €89 for a full valet inside and out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Never had it done before but it would make a great present for a friend, what is the usual price for a good hoover in the car and the boot and polish inside?

IIRC, for a car, €40 for a "mini valet". A Mini valet is wash outside and clean @ hoover inside. A full valet is washed and polished outside and inside and seats + carpets washed to make the car look like new again which is about €80 or so (Cant recall exact price)

There are lads that do it in the Aldi car park. A regular wash is 5 euro and its really good. I never got the full valet but they are busy all the time valeting cats, so that is a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Edz87 wrote: »
    they are busy all the time valeting cats,

Omg surely that's cruelty

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

the lads at the back of john st, by old park are good and u get free parking all day too if you leave it in

• Advertisement

Got a quick clean today for €15. Inside hoovered and exterior cleaned. All in with the lads in City Square and done in an hour. Top work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sully wrote: »
    IIRC, for a car, €40 for a "mini valet". A Mini valet is wash outside and clean @ hoover inside. A full valet is washed and polished outside and inside and seats + carpets washed to make the car look like new again which is about €80 or so (Cant recall exact price)

That would be heaven, you'd be surprised what damage a 1 yr old can do to the back seat area of the car.

i just past down by the waterside and theres a crowd in the old H&H motors place doing a full valit for 40 YOYOs and a mini valit for 15 YOYOs

• Registered Users Posts: 23 denis behan city legend

Got the full works done by the lads at the one in the Aldi Car Park - 69yoyos - They did a cracking job, nice fellas too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carbs86

Do not use this company had him out the other day he ruined my suede seats with a scrubbing bush and smashed my parrot hands free kit in door jam and said it wasnt him 70 euro he charged for interor valet a v bad job had to do it again myself :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Have a look at Wash & Glow, a new car valeting service in the Texaco
    Service Station on Military Road. I had my car cleaned before the NCT
    for €80 & it was well worth it. Sparkling!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

I think a full valet for €60 from the guys at the entrance to Ardkeen Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Have a look at Wash & Glow, a new car valeting service in the Texaco
    Service Station on Military Road. I had my car cleaned before the NCT
    for €80 & it was well worth it. Sparkling!

You don't fail for a dirty car you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Well aware of that but unfortunately it needed it!

i was just about to bring my car in for a valet last week and willing to pay around 80 euro for it, then i thought of my unemployed brother and gave him a ring a offered him 50 euro to do it and i tell ya, i wasnt sorry i did, he done a smashing job on it,
    nice one bro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 abatonime

Hi,

In case some people get there by googling for them, I would like to NOT recommend them.

Today I redeemed a Groupon "Car Valet: Mini (€22) or Standard (€32) Plus Autoglym Wax (€37) at ShineXpress (Up to 56% Off)" link: groupon.ie/deals/dealbank_en_ie/shinexpress-1/37682183?utm_source=awn&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=130858

They didn't wash the seats, they said it wasn't included. The Groupon says interior shampoo and not even the floor of the car was shampooed.
    Then they didn't wax the car properly or maybe at all, as I could not tell the difference from before.

But the worst is to come, they broke the front wiper! They kept saying it wasn't them but I am 100% sure my wiper was fine.

On the top of that the job they didn't is not even good....

Tags: ShineXpress valet groupon dublin 1 review

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Had a terrible experience with shine express last week. They spoiled my seats and car. The main guy is very rude. He is of african origin and is rude to any other color people.

Totally avoid it!

Where is ShineExpress? So many valet pop-ups. Haven't got mine done in ages.

Lads in City Square have an offer on I saw somewhere - 19 for a Mini-Valet on a car. Not sure what it was originally price wise or if that offer is still in date.

Advertisement