Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas shopping

Options
  • 20-12-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Am I the ONLY female on the surface of the earth that hates hates HATES xmas shopping?? Seriously, I'd rather peel off my toe nails...:mad:
    I hate it soooo much that I have to do it solo, I cant have company...especially with the oh....we just end up in a big row, mainly cause i get so scorpy....
    And I do NOT understand the whole window shopping buzz, jeeeeeezzzuuusss....if im with freind/oh and they start that **** the convo goes somethin like this:

Him: stops dead looking in a window "ah look at that love, what do ye think?"
    I have to walk back to see wat hes looking at
    Me: "eh are ye lookin for one/some of that?"
    Him: "well no, but it just caught my eye"
    Me:"have ye got the money for it/"
    Him: "well no but.."
    Me: "well then why the fcuk are we standin gaping into a window at something you're not even sure ye like, and ye definitely dont have the money for?"

Grrrrrrrr:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hate it soooo much that I have to do it solo,

I love watching females do it solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Do it online that might help :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Me: "well then why the fcuk are we standin gaping into a window at something you're not even sure ye like, and ye definitely dont have the money for?"

Grrrrrrrr:mad:
    I have the same convo with the gf everytime we go shopping, her typical one is "That's lovely, I will try it on for the LAUGH" Why in gods name would you try something on for the laugh?

Maybe some of the women here might be able to give me an answer.

We are going shopping tomorrow and I know for a fact it will end in tears, so can anyone give me an excuse to get out of it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I detest Christmas shopping.
    That is why most of it is done online in November so I don't have to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Hmmmm, don't know OP, it's a well known fact that men don't window shop, it's genetically impossible, something to do with the reflections in the windows and the glare of the lights that trigger the dormant hunter/gatherer gene in us.

Unless your OH gets aggressive looking in shop windows then throws you and at least two other random women over his shoulder, then I'm afraid he's gay. Sorry to break it to you over the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hmmm - your partner likes shopping - have is occurred to you that he is gay?

Edit: Plazaman beat me to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

BAH Humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

It isn't the shopping I detest most (although I do hate shopping), it is just the hassle:

* Too many people to allow me to walk unhindered from point A to point B
    * Pain in the arse busy public transport or..
    * ..Pain in the arse getting parking if I drive
    * Those stalls on Henry street (Dublin) causing people jams
    * Groups singing Christmas carols at 15 yard intervals, causing people jams
    * Grafton Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

I feel your pain. I hate shopping at the best of times but christmas is the worst. Done a lot of mine online this year and had it all delivered...it was bliss! But there was some things I needed to get and so I braved the shops last night. :( 5 bloody horrible hours of trekking around shops looking for gifts. It wrecks my head. Came home grumpy with a monster headache and I didn't even get everything I needed so will have to go again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Try buying for a bird who doesnt wear jewelry, allergic to perfume, doesnt want me to buy her clothes.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I don't like it spent a weeks wages on Stone Roses tickets for the fella, he rang me to tell him his brother got him a ticket..
    Now I've no money and no real present for him.

Ugh I thought I was getting it easy this year :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I don't do any Xmas shopping usually. Maybe buy one or two gifts some years.
    If people hate it so much why do you partake? I'm buying no gifts this year for e.g. And yes I have a loving family and lots of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

saa wrote: »
    I don't like it spent a weeks wages on Stone Roses tickets for the fella, he rang me to tell him his brother got him a ticket..

If they sold out I'm sure there will be plenty looking for them! get onto the brother and see if you two can work something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I love buying things for people. I really like finding the right gift that I think they'd enjoy. Or giving things I have made - jam or cakes and that. I also got my big presents sorted back in July (!!), so this year has been a walk in the park for me.

*almost unbearably smug* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I love buying things for people. I really like finding the right gift that I think they'd enjoy. Or giving things I have made - jam or cakes and that. I also got my big presents sorted back in July (!!), so this year has been a walk in the park for me.

*almost unbearably smug* :D

:eek:
    And I thought I was bad for doing it in November! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

saa wrote: »

Always remember, you can never, ever have too many Stone Roses tickets!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I thought going solo, that most annoying song of Jason Derulo came into my head but instead I stumbled on this gem and now I'm going solo too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

i tried to do all my christmas shopping on my own yesterday, without the slightest clue at all what i was looking for.

Traumatic to say the least and still not all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Am I the ONLY female on the surface of the earth that hates hates HATES xmas shopping??

No, I'd say the majority of people (gender irrelevant) hate it.

I haven't started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I hate shopping in general so I especially hate shopping around this time of year. Crowds, people stopping walking right in front of you for no reason, buggies being jammed against the back of your legs, long queues... fuck right off.

In saying that, I actually love getting new things but shopping for me isn't wandering around for hours and hours, taking coffee breaks. I go into a shop, buy what I need and leave. Or shop online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

blaze1 wrote: »
    Try buying for a bird who doesnt wear jewelry, allergic to perfume, doesnt want me to buy her clothes.

Have you tried sunflower seeds or the odd bit of apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I fcuking hate Xmas shopping, too many stressed people tearing around the place. I hate Xmas shopping in town, particularly Grafton Street, just such a hassle.

Having said that, I still haven't got any presents for anyone yet, I'm long-fingering it for as long as i can:P

By the time I actually do go shopping, I will have turned into one of the demented stress monsters I hate so very much:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

blaze1 wrote: »

May I suggest you buy her a rubber replica of Lexington Steele's knob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    Having said that, I still haven't got any presents for anyone yet, I'm long-fingering it for as long as i can:P

I know a few women who'd love a long fingering for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

I know a few women who'd love a long fingering for Christmas.

send them my way so;)

Advertisement