Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding with Three (NBS)

Options
  • 20-12-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,
    I am trying to set up a wireless IP camera in a shed 1mile from my house (no LOS). My problem is that I cannot log directly into the camera, to get around this I have set up a LAN in the shed and connect to that through gotomypc.com. I have set up dyndns and this directs me to my router setup page but will not allow me to log in, i.e just keeps sending me to the login page. From reading previous posts I think I have a port forwarding issue but I dont know how to set it up or even if I can.:confused:
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SpendYourStash

I am having the same problem, did you manage to get a solution to the problem you were having with three. I keep getting the message port is closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The problem here is that each device doesn't get a unique IP address. The Three network is one big LAN with many devices using the same IP, so it's not possible to route to a single device

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jackofaltrades

Hi,
    Yes eventually I figured out where I was going wrong.
    Could you first tell me what router and IP camera you are using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SpendYourStash

I upgraded the firmware of the dovado router, once I did this it allowed the port to be open. After that moved onto the dyndns and edventally got it all working after many hours. working fine now but will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jackofaltrades

Good, They dont make it easy do they!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

isit an apexis camera?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This is a year old thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement