Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is ''deal or no deal'' the greatest load of ****e ever?.

Options
  • 20-12-2011 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

I think it is, and the way contestants are built up with emotion is disgusting. I remember some old woman on it well into her 70s getting something like 5 quid. I also think that Noel Edmonds is one of the creepiest pricks on TV, he makes my skin crawl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

People are obviously going to be filled with emotion with large amounts of money on offer.

You begrudge a bit of excitement some elderly people gain from watching a television show? Really?

Noel Edmonds is a creepy prick? Get over yourself FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I've only seen it twice, but yeah, it's sh*t.

I wish the contestants would just come out and say 1,7,8,3,5 etc. and just be done with it rather than have all the useless chatter in between pretending like there's some logic to the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Blatter wrote: »

Yeah, he is a Creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Blatter wrote: »
    People are obviously going to be filled with emotion with large amounts of money on offer.

You begrudge a bit of excitement some elderly people gain from watching a television show? Really?

In fairness, he does come across as a bit of a creepy prick when you read some of the background on the show. Jon Ronson did a behind-the-scenes for the Guardian a few years ago and Deal or No Deal and the whole atmosphere comes off as really cultish and strange. Link here. It's a good but mildly unsettling read.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yeah, he is a Creep.
    Oh he is indeed a creep. I've heard some of the "moves" he's done in that hotel the contestants stay in. It's more like a cult. He preys on the unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

OP,take your Rant to Ranting/Raving.
    You can Pm dr.bollocko for access,if you don't already have it.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement