Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power problems w/ Samsung HT-D350

Options
  • 20-12-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just received a Samsung H-D350 from Pixmania.
    Only problem is, it came with a 2 pin Euro plug on the DVD base unit and no adapter or converter.

I tried plugging the 2 pin into a 1 Amp, 250V 2 pin to 3 pin converter but no luck.

Any ideas what I need to buy to get it working?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you're plugging it into a converter that steps down to 110V then that might be your problem.

Check the rating info on the rear of the unit near the power cord/socket and check what voltage it requires. If it says 220/230VAC 50Hz then all you need to do is cut off the European 2 Pin plug and replace it with a 3 Pin 13A plug. Or buy one of these. The 3 pin plug will be cheaper though !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Thanks!

I went into town yesterday and bought a 2-3pin converter from Maplins for €8. Complete rip-off but it worked. Pixmania are sending one out to me but won't be here before Christmas so I decided to just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A simple European adapter costing a couple of euros would have done ! A better (and safer) solution is to snip of the 2 Pin plug and replace it with a standard 3 Pin plug. I've seen some cheap adapters fall apart when being unplugged leaving live pins protruding from the remains of the adapter !!

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Thanks Ken, I'll know for future reference.

Advertisement