Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla menu question, condused....

Options
  • 20-12-2011 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My first time logging into a Joomla CMS today. I have watched some videos on how to change meta data and it seems fairly straight forward. However, my problem is actually finding the pages I want to change the data for.
    I can't for the life of me do it..

There is a .com and a .co.uk site, and I need to change meta tags on the homepage of the .co.uk site, but cannot for the life of me find my way around the menu to do this?

Can anyone help me with this? I have not posted on this forum before, but would be willing to pay someone for the time it would take to show me. I wouldn't imagine it would take more than an hour tops.

I hope that isn't against forum rules, or else if there was anyone who could just show me straight up, I would be very grateful....

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

It might vary depending on the version - but in my joomla (version 1.5.22) - the main administration screen after login (the "Control Panel") includes an Icon for the "Front Page" shows a list of all articles that are included on the home page.

The "Content" menu includes a list of all "Articles" and you can indicate here if that articles is to be included on the Front Page or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Im not sure what version you are using but I think you can change the meta tags under the Global Configuration settings.

You can also change an individual articles meta tags by finding it in the content manager. The articles on the homepage will be "featured" articles which may narrow it down for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

So far as I can see, you can't vary the metadata depending on the domain eg .co.uk V.com The metadata will be the same. The only thing you could do is have a different landing page for each domain.

I'm sure somebody else has had this problem so it would be worth while having a look through the Joomla Extensions directory to see if you can find a solution.

For individual pages the meta description is entered in the article editor - bottom right if you're in the "back end" admin area.

Advertisement