Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundgarden for Rock am ring

Options
  • 20-12-2011 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

The excitement!! Soundgarden are announced for Rock am Ring...whats the bets they make Sonisphere??
    www.soundgardenworld.com

And seeing as its Christmas and Santa might be listening... Pearl Jam have a gap that weekend too.....temple of the dog perhaps :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Matt be with pearl jam at sonisphere time though.

Gonna be in germany for them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I read on another forum that they are supposed to be announced for Friday at Download. They bloody better come over here that week so

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Really hope they pay a visit here, have 4 pearl jam shows lined up so far so cannot really afford another trip for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

One of my favourite bands from the 90s that I never got to see. They skipped the Slane date on the gnr tour in 92, then they pulled out of sunstroke in dalyer in 93 or 94. Then when they finally did play here in the rds I was away.

One of my favourite bands from the 90s that I never got to see. They skipped the Slane date on the gnr tour in 92, then they pulled out of sunstroke in dalyer in 93 or 94. Then when they finally did play here in the rds I was away.
    In fairness you didnt miss much. One of the most disappointing gigs ever after waiting so long to see them. White Zombie kicked them off the stage. None of them looked like they wanted to be there tho I think Chris' addictions were at a high then.

I have seen Chris solo and Audioslave loads of times since and each gig has been brilliant but think Soundgarden owe us a gig. Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

One band I am waiting to see. I would prefer to see them do a standalone gig as opposed to a festival, but something is better than nothing though.
    I wonder where all this leaves Matt Cameron? All going well with SG, they could tour for the rest of the year, where would that leave Matt with PJ, unless they are taking some time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

seachto7 wrote: »
    One band I am waiting to see. I would prefer to see them do a standalone gig as opposed to a festival, but something is better than nothing though.
    I wonder where all this leaves Matt Cameron? All going well with SG, they could tour for the rest of the year, where would that leave Matt with PJ, unless they are taking some time off?

Itll be fine for matt, PJ arent constantly touring. Soundgarden will do more dates either side of germany with like week before PJ tour.

Just delighted get to see SG.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Nea wrote: »
    In fairness you didnt miss much. One of the most disappointing gigs ever after waiting so long to see them. White Zombie kicked them off the stage. None of them looked like they wanted to be there tho I think Chris' addictions were at a high then.

I have seen Chris solo and Audioslave loads of times since and each gig has been brilliant but think Soundgarden owe us a gig. Fingers crossed

I'd definitely go along with that. White Zombie were so full of energy and Soundgarden seemed to be just going through the motions. One of the few gigs I've been to were I was quite disappointed with the headlining act.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Mushy wrote: »
    Matt be with pearl jam at sonisphere time though.

Gonna be in germany for them though.

Yes but PJ have nothing scheduled for the Friday or Sunday.......I live in hope :D

Nea wrote: »
    I read on another forum that they are supposed to be announced for Friday at Download. They bloody better come over here that week so

I'd be very surprised, although Rock am Ring tends to send bands DL way as they are same time, rumor has it that DL paid so much for Sabbath that they have to sell 100,000 tickets just to cover basics! I would expect Soundgarden to be expensive enough and they have already announced 3 headliners

....... although I could be wrong and have to travel

• Advertisement

I read it on another forum, could be a load of poo as you said above Sabbath and Metallica wouldnt have come cheap for Download

Hoping to hit Sonisphere myself so hopefully they will do that (Along with Rush and Rammstein......I wish)

I want to see Soundgarden and Sabbath next year and it would be nice for them to come here.

It was mentioned in the Gigs and Events forum that 6 gigs are to be held in Phoenix Park next year. Hopefully a decent Rock/metal option is taken into consideration and that MCD realise that Metallica are not the only metal band that can draw a crowd

Humm apparently Sonisphere france has booked Queen, Faith No More and Slash...who knows...Queen are rumored for Lollapolooza too b:mad:ooo..... dont really fancy them!
    Really really want to see Soundgarden.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Fi H wrote: »
    And seeing as its Christmas and Santa might be listening... Pearl Jam have a gap that weekend too.....temple of the dog perhaps :D

As much as I'd like to see it myself, that project has run it's course, and they have had plenty of chances for TOTD over the years which they have since ignored.

Advertisement