Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which type of mustard is best for me?

Options
  • 19-12-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I generally use English mustard, but the margin for error is very small, too little and the flavor isn't enough, too much and it makes whatever I'm using it on nearly inedible.
    Is there any other kind of mustard that isn't as spicy, but still has the great flavor of English mustard? I also generally prefer to use the 0 fat stuff from a jar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You can get a mild English mustard from Lidl stores, but for me it's just not hot enough, but you will get away with using a bit too much and not shred your nostrils

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jones 19

i dont mean to be rude,you'll get there, just toughen up, embrace the burn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm with jones on this one.
    Grow a pair BetterThanThou and man up.
    (For the purposes of this post I'm going to assume you're a man.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 braidman

buy lidl cheap english mustard and add colemans mustard powder to it for extra kick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

I generally use English mustard, but the margin for error is very small, too little and the flavor isn't enough, too much and it makes whatever I'm using it on nearly inedible.
    Is there any other kind of mustard that isn't as spicy, but still has the great flavor of English mustard? I also generally prefer to use the 0 fat stuff from a jar.

One of my favourites, is Coleman's mustard powder mixed with strong vinegar instead of water.

Get yourself a little tin of Coleman's powder and experiment - there's no law says you can't mix it with whatever you want.

I'd like to try a balsamic vinegar mustard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Corvo

You sicko's! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

krd wrote: »
    One of my favourites, is Coleman's mustard powder mixed with strong vinegar instead of water.

Get yourself a little tin of Coleman's powder and experiment - there's no law says you can't mix it with whatever you want.

I'd like to try a balsamic vinegar mustard.

Apple cider mustard to go with christmas ham that my mam boils in cider before baking.
    I'll report back. Next year. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm looking for stronger then Frenchs but a pinch weaker then Colemans

So is this Lidl mustard my option?
    Where do Lakeshore fit on the scale?

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I'm looking for stronger then Frenchs but a pinch weaker then Colemans

So is this Lidl mustard my option?
    Where do Lakeshore fit on the scale?

Have you tried Guldens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I've never heard of it
    Is it on sale in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I've never heard of it
    Is it on sale in Ireland?

I get it from the USA. I'm over at least twice a year and I always stock up on it. Perhaps you can order it online? Its fuc_k_ing awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have you tried Guldens?

Is it proper Mustard or just more Vinegary stuff ? I like to feel my mustard in my nose

21/25

Advertisement