Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Blood Donation

Options
  • 19-12-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

im just wondering if anyone knows if you can donate blood after been jaundiced? i know you can when you were jaundiced under 10 but what about adults? i gave blood until i got sick and had jaundice and i want to continue doing it but i dont know if i can as theres nothing on there website?
    help me :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Why not give them a ring and ask?
    Number on their site.

http://www.giveblood.ie/

What was the cause of you being jaundiced? Jaundice is not a disease in and of itself but refers to the yellow colouration a person has when they have a high concentration of bilirubin in their blood. There are many possible causes of this, many of which would have no impact on a person's suitability as a blood donor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Don't think you can, but then again how about ringing the IBTS on 1850 731 137...by the way are you sure you had jaundice? Sure it wasn't a sneaky case of TB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I didn't realise you could donate if you were under 10 when you had the jaundice. I was a 'yellow baby', and have always been told I couldn't donate blood.
    Make sure you let us know what they say once you ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Are you still banned from donating blood if you've indulged in male homosexual sex?

It's for a..... eh...... a friend wanted to know. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I had jaundice as a baby and have never had a problem donating...never been asked at all :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Are you still banned from donating blood if you've indulged in male homosexual sex?

It's for a..... eh...... a friend wanted to know. :o

yes. and if you're a woman who's had sex with a man who's had sex with a man. even with a condom. even oral sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

eviltwin wrote: »
    I had jaundice as a baby and have never had a problem donating...never been asked at all :eek:
    Hmmmmm.......was it your own blood that you were donating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

The only way you can conclusively find out OP is ringing the IBTS and ask them, 1850 731 137.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement