Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weathervane Port St Willow

• 19-12-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Here's a mix of Port St Willow. Wavs I got from Brian McTear over at Weathervane music, google it, great idea, great people.
    Anyway, here's a mix I did, nice song, still have a bit of work to do on the low end, not quite happy with it. Let me know what ye think like!!!
    All comments gladly taken on board.

Thanks

http://soundcloud.com/spatulasounds/port-st-willow-1

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

You, burned the Sh1t out of - everything is too loud and distorted....You've buried the voice, which is the best bit.

You're like one of those guys with a penis pump. Who thinks if he's got a bigger cock, it's going to be all the better to fcuk you with.

My pleasure is not being maximised.......I'm getting friction burns, and I feel a little sore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

Why don't you tell me how you really feel Krd!! ;)
    Thanks for your comment though, at least you bothered! I'm still learning, but I kinda like the way the Vocal sits. Anyhoo, thanks again!

Happy Holidays!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Why don't you tell me how you really feel Krd!! ;)

When are they going to fit a breathalyser on this thing. You know it kind of sounded funny at the time - it the cold light of day maybe not so.
    Thanks for your comment though, at least you bothered! I'm still learning, but I kinda like the way the Vocal sits. Anyhoo, thanks again!

Happy Holidays!

I listened to it a few times. I'm actually really bad for burning things too - I think everyone is, and they only get the hang of it with time. Digital clipping is completely unforgiving.

I listened to it a few times. Sometimes I think the voice gets overwhelmed. And some of the stuff is just too loud in places. I think, if I were going to mix it, I wouldn't just leave the levels for each piece the same, the same way through - kind of think of the dynamics, and try to build more emotion into the flow of the piece using volume rides (the term "volume ride" comes from the old days, when mixers would ride the slider on the mixing desk with their hand to make something either, come or go, or fit around something else - if everything is given too much )

There's a trick I saw on a youtube clip of one of Kanye West's mixers. To make Kanye's voice really stand out in the mix, instead of using compressors, and sidechaining, etc. The guy drew volume rides with the pencil tool, onto another track in the mix, then copied the ride envelope to the other tracks, to shape the trak around the voice. It looked like a really painstaking, and pain in the ass thing to do - but it really works, as far as bring the voice out, yet retaining the loudness in everything else.

Advertisement