Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Tomorrow

Options
  • 19-12-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi , I have my test tomorrow and Im a bag of nerves. Coupled with the fact I dfound out I was pregnant yesterday! my head is in major nervous meltdown. Im trying to get my confidence but finding it so hard.
    I keep messing up the simpliest things and I cannot get my under the bonnet check done properly. My driving instructor only showed me the check once in the 12 lessons. I have got info off the internet but can anyone tell me can you fail even before u leave test centre if you get this check half wrong and if you mess up your theory test questions. I was confident previously but after this weekend my nerves are shot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jaysus! Well just keep focussed on one thing at a time. You can still cancel if you're not up to it.

This site came in handy for me when I was doing checks and the questions you're asked beforehand.

http://www.drivingtesttips.ie/

Rescue remedy is also good to have! Best of luck (and congrats!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Heroic2011

I have my test tomorrow aswell :) all iv been told really is that theyl ask you roughly 10 questions if you get 3 or more wrong you get one blue mark..and with the under the bonnet questions it depends on the instructor..its actually relitively simple if you look it up online now..but if you do get it wrong horribly you may get another blue mark...but i thin your aloud 8 so its stiill very possible to pass ... GOOD LUCK :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pray for lashing rain - any of the (many) tests I did that were in the rain skipped the under the bonnet tests.

There are only a few questions they can ask you anyway. If you put your mind to it you'll have them learned in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ladylikeschool

Good Luck!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

I just passed!!!:D
    In shock. Burst into tears when he told me, and couldnt stop crying. The examiners surrounded me with tissues. It doesnt seem real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I just passed!!!:D
    In shock. Burst into tears when he told me, and couldnt stop crying. The examiners surrounded me with tissues. It doesnt seem real

Congratulations and well done!

I failed :( ha went around perfect and then failed for reaction to a hazard as a truck ddnt look pulling out and i ddnt break properly or something i dont know bu i failed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Well done no. 1 and hard luck no. 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Julie London

Heroic sorry to hear that. I made mistakes too I honestly think my examiner just gave me the benefit of the doubt and passed me. Apply again straight away I bet you will pass with flying colours. Happy christmas.x

• Advertisement

Yea my examiner told me to apply again straight away..thanks for the support and congratulations :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

Heroic2011 wrote: »
    I failed :( ha went around perfect and then failed for reaction to a hazard as a truck ddnt look pulling out and i ddnt break properly or something i dont know bu i failed anyway.

i know ur disappointed but dont let it dent your confidence
    if u can afford it -- reapply straight away
    i failed my car test twice and now i drive cars, bikes and buses
    keep lessons going do some pretests so u know where ur going wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

any update -- did you reapply

Yep iv applied and waiting for a date! ill let yea know how it goes :)

Advertisement