Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adobe flash player 11 not downloading

Options
  • 19-12-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Windows 7 (was also happening with Vista before I upgraded) 64 bit, using Mozilla Firefox.

Flash Player won't upgrade for me, been like that ages.

1) The automatic update feature connects and downloads roughly to to 40% then just stops.

Alternatively

2) If I go to the adobe website and try to manually download it by selecting my OS and browser etc - the download starts and then won't go further than about 30% or 40%.

I've searched online and have seen other people have had the same problem but haven't come across a solution that worked for me. I've switched off my a/virus and firewall but still no success.

The only thing I haven't tried is unistalling the existing version as I'm afraid that if I uninstall the version that I have, I might be left with no Flash player at all.

Any advise my friends?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Is it just this update? Can you download other files?

Is it only in firefox that you're getting this problem (have you tried IE or chrome?).

Also you could try mirror sites like filehippo or majorgeeks to download the file (not joking......I usually use filehippo).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nadaly

Thanks I might try filehippo

Yes, I can download any type of file without failing even though when the download fails you're advised it's a connection problem. Google the flash player download issue - it's a known issue. I'm surprised that more people aren't having the issue.

I'd say it's 12 months since my flash player has updated because of this problem, so it's not just just flash player 11 that's the problem.

Tried with IE also but not Chrome.

I have an inkling that if I uninstall the version that I have, then the new version will download fine but I was hoping someone else with the same problem would confirm that that's what they had to do with it working out fine.

I'll try your advice and if that fails I'll bite the bullet and uninstall the flash player version that I have and then see what happens when I try to download it fresh.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement