Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC Security Studies

Options
  • 18-12-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Anyone here do this course or know of someone who has?What is it like and did they find a job afterwards in the field?Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Anyone here do this course or know of someone who has?What is it like and did they find a job afterwards in the field?Regards.

Did this course last year in GTI, its an interesting course, only know of one guy who is now working with a security company most others have gone onto higher education. I have gone onto level 6 security operations and administration.

There's plenty of opportunities to go into security afterwards, if theres a work experience module try get experience with a good security company and it could get ya some contacts to try find work within the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

elvis99 wrote: »
    Did this course last year in GTI, its an interesting course, only know of one guy who is now working with a security company most others have gone onto higher education. I have gone onto level 6 security operations and administration.

There's plenty of opportunities to go into security afterwards, if theres a work experience module try get experience with a good security company and it could get ya some contacts to try find work within the industry.
    Thanks.Where did you do your 1 day a week work experience and was it difficult to get?Also is the garda prep workshop useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Thanks.Where did you do your 1 day a week work experience and was it difficult to get?Also is the garda prep workshop useful?

I did it with a Tesco near me, learned loads about CCTV and security procedures in the stores.

Id recommend going to a security company I did the work experience in a 2 week block over Easter.

Cant say I know anything about Garda prep courses as ive no interest in the Gardai. Im sure there's info on them in the Garda recruitment forum.

Advertisement