Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I was in town today

Options
  • 18-12-2011 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

And I saw some woman, begging, with a kid. Not a baby even, though that'd be worse, he looked like, 4 years old or something. Should he not like, be in care or something>?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

cloud493 wrote: »
    And I saw some woman, begging, with a kid. Not a baby even, though that'd be worse, he looked like, 4 years old or something. Should he not like, be in care or something>?

Which town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Eh. Did you just copy and paste your facebook status update directly on to boards..........or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

She's begging for money and you are questioning why she won't put him in paid care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Which town?

Dublin city centre. No I mean, would the authorites not have taken that child, into care?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

She's lucky to have an income,recession and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

OP banned for infuriating sentance structure....

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Dublin city centre. No I mean, would the authorites not have taken that child, into care?

Rob it off her and care for it yourself. That'll learn her.

Dublin;Georgia or Dublin;California?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I hope you didn't give her money. She obviously has it if she can keep a child alive.

It read like Dylan Moran on Diazapan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Like, probably.. or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Could have been an unlucky hooker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

Modern social services, led by left wingers, will not take a child away from its mother even if that mother is violent to it and prefers to spend most of her dole money on drugs and alcohol.

If they had the choice of putting the child into the care of its loving, hard-working father (who has split from the child's mother) who will give it all the care, attention, love and whatever else it needs for a normal, healthy childhood, or put in into the care of a violent, drug-taking mother, or a mother who is so poor she takes to the streets and begs, nine times out of ten the social services will put the child into the care of the mother.

And then when the mother and her druggie boyfriend physically abuses and then kills the child, as happened with Baby P, the social services vow that they will never make the same mistake again and hold "an inquiry" into what they did wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Batsy wrote: »
    Modern social services, led by left wingers, will not take a child away from its mother even if that mother is violent to it and prefers to spend most of her dole money on drugs and alcohol.

If they had the choice of putting the child into the care of its loving, hard-working father (who has split from the child's mother) who will give it all the care, attention, love and whatever else it needs for a normal, healthy childhood, or put in into the care of a violent, drug-taking mother, or a mother who is so poor she takes to the streets and begs, nine times out of ten the social services will put the child into the care of the mother.

And then when the mother and her druggie boyfriend physically abuses and then kills the child, as happened with Baby P, the social services vow that they will never make the same mistake again and hold "an inquiry" into what they did wrong.
    That' awful:(
    Did the mother go to prison too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

slavetothegrind banned for inability to spell sentence. ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I hope you didn't give her money. She obviously has it if she can keep a child alive.
    Maybe she doesn't have much?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Modern social services, led by left wingers

Well there's your problem. You want a strong presence leading the way.. preferably a center back or midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

True for you , i can't even spell Fcuk properly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Modern social commentary, led by right wingers, is often made up in order to suit the argument at hand and backed up solely by scaremongering statements about "left wing pinko agendas".

The incident clearly shows the mothers lack of common sense tbh,

If she'd have dressed the child in an Elf suit and taught him some carols, she'd have raked in the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Dublin's a city not a town, silly OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Maybe in your neck of the woods...social services aren't shy about removing children over here when they get around to it.
    Thing is I don't think they're crawling the streets of Dublin on a sunday afternoon looking for extra work.

BTW just because someone is begging doesn't mean they're on drugs and just because someone is on drugs doesn;t make them either a bad parent or someone more likely to beg...at least with one ethnic group of beggars in this country, who I'll not bother to name, kids are taken along for extra emotive effect. Few notice the poor woman begging...nearly everyone notices the kiddie in tow, and possibly an awful lot more give money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Classic Batsy, a bit like the daily mail personified...

RichieC wrote: »

Classic Batsy, a bit like the daily mail personified...
    Worse - the Daily Express.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Did you report it to the authorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Wrong.

It's apparently a dirty oul town.

Wrong.

It's apparently a dirty oul town.
    That song isn't about Dublin, it's about a somewhere in the north of England - not sure where. :)

Btw, could proof be provided that social services is run by left-wingers?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Dudess wrote: »
    That song isn't about Dublin, it's about a somewhere in the north of England - not sure where. :)

Luke Kelly made it a Dublin song.

Advertisement