Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology Podcasts

Options
  • 18-12-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any favourite technology podcasts (as distinct from gaming podcasts?)

One podcast I found recently is Buzz Out Loud (from c|net). A weekly podcast with likeable hosts and good content from across the tech spectrum - from facebook to twitter, iphone to android, tech news and more. A great, enjoyable listen.

I know Leo Laporte's stuff is well regarded, but the guy has a voice that will cure insomnia. Sends me right off....

Anyone got any other favourites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Started listening to The Vergecast recently. It's got the former Engadget podcast hosts (Joshua Topolsky, Nilay Patel, and Paul Miller), so you'll know if you'd be into it or not as it's mostly the same format as that.

I also listen to This is Only a Test. If you listen to the Giant Bombcast you'll probably have heard of Will Smith and Norman Chan as they work in the same office.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

george hook on newstalk does one - mostly about phones.
    the guardian does a wordy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sfag31 wrote: »
    the guardian does a wordy one.

Is that the one that has one of the girls that was in 'Bits', the Channel 4 video game show from years ago. Just caught a glimpse of it while browsing iTunes and was thinking of giving it a listen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

sfag31 wrote: »
    george hook on newstalk does one - mostly about phones.

Whenever I hear the words "George", "Hook" and "Technology", I'm always reminded of this video.... Makes me laugh every time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 colinmanning

I like NPR Technology. It's a round up of all the techy bits from National Public Radio in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Twits stuff is good, Leo is scaling down his appearances on it.

(Personally I love Leo)

Advertisement