Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Australia and Canada so popular for emigration?

Options
  • 18-12-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Australia is just a barran boring schite desert. Their canonical outputs are Kangeroos, Fosters, and annoying accents. Canada is pretty left leaning. Every time I think of Canada, I think of Micheal Moore and his hypocrisy.

Why are these two places so popular with Irish people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Jobs

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

English language? Makes it easier for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Australia is just a barran boring schite desert. Their canonical outputs are Kangeroos, Fosters, and annoying accents. Canada is pretty left leaning. Every time I think of Canada, I think of Micheal Moore and his hypocrisy.

Have you been to either country to be able to give an informed opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Michael Moore is American, not Canadian.

Canada is also governed by the Conservative Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Have you ever been to either country? I'm guessing not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Fcuking hell..............jobs OP, jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Gonzor

I spent 3 months in toronto a year ago... Id go back just for the house parties and all the hot girls.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

+

Michael Moore is about as far removed from Canada as you'd get. Left leaning ?. Where did you get that beaut from ? Oz and Canada are attractive for all the reasons Ireland is not.
    What part of Canada were you in, if any ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

English is spoken and you might actually have a chance of finding a job. In the case of Australia, the Irish over-fondness for alcohol doesn't seem too out of place - at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Going to these places takes full advantage of Irish peoples' skills at foreign languages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Because you're not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Car crash type first post ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Ireland has high cost of living, high taxes, and high unemployement. That encourages people to want to leave.

Australia and Canada are huge countries, with favorable economic climates, that still speak English, and that make immigration fairly easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 StormFrontScum

mattjack wrote: »
    Car crash type first post ...

They see me trollin, they hatin....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

They see me trollin, they hatin....

car crash type , second post

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Because Ireland is a dump who's government screwed it up and people wanna go find work. Ireland is probably the most depressing country I know of. And all the sh*t about the beautiful scenery amazes me. I think Irish country side is just a soggy worn down mountain. So look at the state of your own country before you judge

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Op banned.

Trolling thread closed.

Time for mass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement