Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing cats

Options
  • 17-12-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Wonder if anybody can give me any insight or information on my story...

We have 2 cats , we took them on few months ago as kitten and they have become part of the family in so many ways. They r male and female. Tigger (Female) tends to be tidier of the two and make sure things are right and Bob(Male) is a typical male, walking around like he king of the castle.

Bascially both went outside one evening to do their routine walk and pee/**** before bedtime. They never came back inside after a couple of minutes...hours passed and we searched the neighbour and nothing. Couple of hours tuned into 24 hours and we were almost certain they were gone but where could they go?
    Following morning Tigger came back but has not been herself the last few hours.....

Question.

1-Do siblings tend to come back together if they left in the first place?
    2- What r the chances that he being taken by somebody else and why don't they ring the RSPCA (wicklow area)?

:(:confused::confused:

Any insight or advices???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

the cat is gone a day or so? Cats go off for weeks sometimes and come back so i wouldn't worry too much. What kind of area are you in, town or country?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

How long has he been missing for and what do you mean by she hasnt been right since she came back?
    Cats do not have family bonds, their world doesnt work like that.

Is he neutered?
    Have you put up missing signs locally, vet, shops, garda station etc.
    Post up on Lost and found.ie
    HAve you asked neighbours if they have seen him or are feeding him?

I'm assuming their normal routine is to come back in after a short trip outside? Something might have distracted them both like a bird/rabbit/etc and Bob might have wandered too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

have you checked the female for injuries - first thing that comes to mind when you say she isn't herself. It can be very hard to see bites and scratches through the fur. Just in case they encountered a big unneutered male- that could cause the other cat to run off.
    I've had cats go off for 10 days before so don't panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Ben1010

Bob is missing 3 days now!!!:( she has being miaowing quite alot and want comfort which is fine and understandable but its more than normal i think,

Bob is neutered, yes! I haven't tried lost and found.ie. Will try that today. I went around the neighbours and most haven't seen a cat around

This is the first time they gone beyond the property!! My fear is that Bob isn't too jumping up fences or walking on heights...

Will have another look around later as some of the neighbours didn't answer their doors!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

put posters up in local shops/vets/spcas,
    and try lost and found pets ireland, they're on facebook.
    Tell as many people in your neighbourhood as you can, and ask them to check their garden sheds and garages.
    Hope you find him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Julia lynch

If you live in Greystones by any chance, a stray cat has turned up at our house during the past week. Very affectionate and obviously belongs to someone ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Job12345

If you live in Greystones by any chance, a stray cat has turned up at our house during the past week. Very affectionate and obviously belongs to someone ....
    What does the cat look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Any sign of your cat yet? We picked up a stray cat a while ago and we posted pics of her in our local superquinn and other shops and lamp posts in the area we found her and the owner did see it and rang. I am wondering about the other one being in distress though. Which would support the theory of them being attacked by another larger male, or a dog or even a fox or something.

Advertisement