Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in sharing your opinions on alcohol ?

Options
  • 17-12-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Firstly, mods - feel free to delete this if you want. Wasnt too sure how to go about this.

Basically, I have a site related to alcohol and how bad it can be on people. I write all the content but I was just thinking, maybe it'd be a good idea to get different peoples opinion on it and how alcohol has affected them. At the moment in just talking about general things that alcohol can mess up, but I'm sure people would be interested in reading people's own experience with alcohol - although it's a site about the bad side of alcohol so obviously it has to relate to that.

If anyone is interested in doing this let me know (PM or whatever)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

There are a lot of things that are bad for you out there. Alcohol just happens to be one of them. For most people, it's consumed responsibly and causes no issues. Unfortunately as with all drugs, there are people susceptible to addiction and the damage that causes can be catastrophic, it doesn't mean everyone who consumes it will automatically have worse health and do bad though.

Personally I only started at the age of 18 (19 now). I don't really drink much if at all to be honest, mostly only to be social for the taste. Not all that bothered about it but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

Cydoniac wrote: »
    There are a lot of things that are bad for you out there. Alcohol just happens to be one of them. For most people, it's consumed responsibly and causes no issues. Unfortunately as with all drugs, there are people susceptible to addiction and the damage that causes can be catastrophic, it doesn't mean everyone who consumes it will automatically have worse health and do bad though.

Personally I only started at the age of 18 (19 now). I don't really drink much if at all to be honest, mostly only to be social for the taste. Not all that bothered about it but hey.

Agree with that yeah.

Probably should've been more clear in my OP though. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing their experiences with alcohol on my site. You could think of it as like your own blog but it'll only be one post (at least 400 words long).

If anyone would be interested in being part of it I'd really appreciate it. Planning on having a section of the site dedicated to people's experiences with alcohol. (no need to mention your name of you don't want to!)

My site is about the negative sides of alcohol, so it'd be better if you used to have bad experiences with alcohol but now you've sorted it out.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Whats the name of your forum lmao man and how does one post his/her story ? :)

realies wrote: »
    Whats the name of your forum lmao man and how does one post his/her story ? :)

To be honest I'd rather not post it on here and it's not a forum. It's more or less a site that gives information on what alcohol can do to you. Then I got the idea to allow people to read others stories about alcohol.

If you want to have an article on the site, just write your piece and PM it to me. Then I'll publish it on my site and give you a link to it :)

As long as its 400+ words(can be as long as you want), decent English in it and about alcohol I'll put it up.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    To be honest I'd rather not post it on here and it's not a forum.

Thanks.
    :confused::confused: Why not?? Surely you don't expect people to send you submissions that you will then post on some random website that no one knows about. good luck with that! Sounds like a silly site anyway

• Advertisement

Thought I'd give this a bump. I totally forgot about it!

And just to let you know, it's not a "silly" site. It actually gets over a thousand people to the site each month so it's a good way to share your experience :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Lmao_Man wrote: »

And just to let you know, it's not a "silly" site. It actually gets over a thousand people to the site each month so it's a good way to share your experience :)
    If you can link to the site so that we can see where stories would go you may have more willing participants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Lmao Man wrote: »

As other people have said Lmao-man, If you can show us/me a link to the site before anyone participates in sharing there stories on it, It be better & safer for all concerned,Thanks .

Advertisement