Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone tried to steal my car

Options
  • 17-12-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

So I drove to the pub last night and left my car in the car park overnight. I got back to it today to find the lock tumbler hanging out so it looks like someone tried to steal it.

What the would be thieves didn't know is that the whole locking mechanism on the driver's side is broken so they broke off the tumbler only to find that the door still wouldn't open :D

Luckily they gave up then and didn't try the passenger side which would have worked. I was going to get the mechanism fixed a few months ago but it would've been expensive and I use the remote anyway so I didn't bother. I'm glad I didn't now!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this mildly satisfying story with AH. Anyone got any similar stories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I once lost the remote for the TV but found it behind the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Anyone got any similar stories?

You drove to the pub last night and left your car in the car park overnight. You got back to it today to find the lock tumbler hanging out so it looked like someone tried to steal it.

What the would be thieves didn't know was that the whole locking mechanism on the driver's side was broken so they broke off the tumbler only to find that the door still wouldn't open :D

Luckily they gave up then and didn't try the passenger side which would have worked. You had been going to get the mechanism fixed a few months ago but it would've been expensive and you use the remote anyway so you didn't bother. You're glad you didn't now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

A guy once tried to steal my girlfriend, so after we broke a bit down the line I went and had a thing with his sister:cool:

Someone tried to steal my car once, they went to all the trouble of breaking in but the battery was dead! I think they even tried to push start it cos it was out if the driveway sitting in the middle of the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

OMG, those must have been a traumatic few minutes before you found it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A guy from my area was in town a few months back. He's a junky scumbag. In anycase, he was present at a stabbing of an innocent man in my estate (The poor man's health has been destroyed ever since). He went into town later that day, high off his head and tried to start on some random innocents walking past him. Words were exchanged and he pulled a knife on them, but ended up stabbing himself in the hand by accident and had to go out to hospital, where he was caught.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I once lost the remote for the TV but found it in my hand all along.

OMG, those must have been a traumatic few minutes before you find it :eek:

He probably spent ages looking for it all over the house but still wouldn't walk over to the tv to change channel :D

dlofnep wrote: »
    A guy from my area was in town a few months back. He's a junky scumbag. In anycase, he was present at a stabbing of an innocent man in my estate (The poor man's health has been destroyed ever since). He went into town later that day, high off his head and tried to start on some random innocents walking past him. Words were exchanged and he pulled a knife on them, but ended up stabbing himself in the hand by accident and had to go out to hospital, where he was caught.

Red handed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

So I drove to the pub last night and left my car in the car park overnight. ...

Are the Movie rights still available for this story?

This has Oscars written all over it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I find if you get duct tape and tape the remote to your thigh , you wont lose it again.It can be an interesting conversation topic when in the local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Damn! If only they'd found my car!! I've been leaving my car door unlocked everywhere hoping someone would rob my car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Must've been one of them fancy pirates.
    "You wouldn't steal a car.."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

I used to steal cars but then I took an arrow in the knee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

tried to rob a car last night, was an absolute bastard to try and get open,spent a good while at it aswell,gave up in the end left the lock hangin there and walked away..

after i pissed all over the passenger door :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Red handed?

No, by the balls until he squealed like a pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I have a story.

I put a t-shirt on inside-out once.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

i started off downloading music and then moved onto stealing cars. does that help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Someone tried to steal my car once, they went to all the trouble of breaking in but the battery was dead! I think they even tried to push start it cos it was out if the driveway sitting in the middle of the road :D

Someone tried to steal my car once, but the battery was dead. They tried to push start it out onto the middle of the road, but it still wouldn't start for them. So they just burned it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I used to steal cars but then I took an arrow in the knee

I used to like memes but then this one came along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

So I drove to the pub last night and left my car in the car park overnight. I got back to it today to find the lock tumbler hanging out so it looks like someone tried to steal it.

What the would be thieves didn't know is that the whole locking mechanism on the driver's side is broken so they broke off the tumbler only to find that the door still wouldn't open :D

Luckily they gave up then and didn't try the passenger side which would have worked. I was going to get the mechanism fixed a few months ago but it would've been expensive and I use the remote anyway so I didn't bother. I'm glad I didn't now!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this mildly satisfying story with AH. Anyone got any similar stories?

It's a good story all right but you didn't need to use the word So at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

mattjack wrote: »
    I find if you get duct tape and tape the remote to your thigh , you wont lose it again.It can be an interesting conversation topic when in the local.
    Also when you get home and you OH spots it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

One guy sold me his pubes. So I cut his parents up and made a chilli out of them. Then I dooped him into eating it in front of the whole town at a Chilli cook off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's a good story all right but you didn't need to use the word So at the start.
    So please so accept so my so wholehearted so apologies.....so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

RMD wrote: »
    One guy sold me his pubes. So I cut his parents up and made a chilli out of them. Then I dooped him into eating it in front of the whole town at a Chilli cook off.

Eric? I thought you died after eating all the skin off the KFC?:D

I sold this Makea chordless powerdrill in the local paper and then six months later I received the very same one back as a Christmas present from my brother-in-law, minus the powerpack:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcFJiiyYzJQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Few fellas tried to rob me mates car a few years ago. Broke the door when they ripped the top of it out to unlock the car.
    Fooking eegits never even tried the door because it wasn't even locked.
    They went to the same fellas other car. Broke door and hot wired the car and all. Sadly they didn't think that one through eiter. Mate had the battery and spark plugs in his garage. Ah well.

I left me bike outside the pub one night and it got robbed. Brought the replacement bike with me then a few months later and got caught drink driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Broke into a car last night in a pub car park.
    I hid in the back, when the guy came to collect it.
    I'm in his house now watching him masturbate.

In the 60's my mam and dad were dating and went out for the day, dad left his car at mams and they went off in mams car. At the end of the day dad was driving them back to mams when he saw he car coming towards him with a toerag driving it.

Dad did a uturn and followed the scumbag, when they were stopped at the lights dad grabbed the wheel brace and ordered the scumbag out of his car and had him nicked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Ireland's Dumbest Criminals. TV3 will snap up the rights.

Advertisement