Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's still camping?

Options
  • 17-12-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Just wondering are many of ye getting out and about in the MHs these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wibbles19

Haven't been out the past couple of weekends as himself is away working. Hoping to be on the road again the tues or wed after christmas, my feet are fierce itchy :)

every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Not me!!!

I prefer the comfort of a coal fire this time of the year.

close the curtains, light the fire, out with the hot ones and bye bye world for a while.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Neonjack

Not us. All the kids' christmas presents are hidden in it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

After Christmas hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

been mad busy at work.. doing 7 days a week for the last few months...

but im off form the 23rd until the 3 fo jan so it will be going out then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

unless there is snow on the ground we will be out over the holidays.......doing bed and breakfast with friends (ie we bring our own bed and breakfast ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

still used most weekends for a night as it is party time :D also saves on who is driving home :p roll on the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

Use camper all year round sitting here in sunny Spain, Weather lovely 25 in the sun all day but gets chilly at night. Can swim in the sea by day. Sorry Pat, Nula & Tristan will miss open days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Good man Pat , I have to admit I'm jealous! That said , it'll be 25-30 degrees when I'll be in Kenya , in January for my charity work...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭camper guy

Hi all happy Christmas .Hope to use our one a good bit over the holidays .Visiting friends and relations and a bit of wild camping also . Were thinking about winter walks in Lismore and a pint or two . And maybe Helvick or Tramore .

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Good man Pat , I have to admit I'm jealous! That said , it'll be 25-30 degrees when I'll be in Kenya , in January for my charity work...

Good Luck with that :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hoping to blow away the cobwebs in the new year and steal away from a few days.

Best of luck with the charity work Aidan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Have my in storage until Mar/Apr. Looking forward to my first full year of MH'ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

i take mine out every sunday, rain hail or shine,one hour to the sea ,culenstown kilmore quay, the hook all wexford.. all lovely scenery and a walk on the beach if the weather is good . i start week ends from march on, with the recession and noting doing work wise i could become nomadic best wishes for 2012 noel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Took mine to the tattoo fest in Midleton last night, 10c so no worries, grand and comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

just back after a good run for the christmas...... was fishing most of the holidays...

had a few problems from not running it for a while...

many of the blinds were stuck in the closed position and wouldn't open.... wd should help I guess..

fridge hadn't been turned on in a long time and doesn't seem to want to get too cold although it is working..

brakes were squeaky but sorted themselves after a while...

The biggest problem is that I have a burnt out wiring loom/plug on the charging unit under the drivers seat. I always the have batteries fully charged as I normally use it a lot however I had let them run down and also had the fridge on battery as I was driving while I was trying to get it to go colder... When I removed the plug it has the 2 power pins burnt out... I guess I'll need a replacement plug.

anyway apart from that and the increase in fuel prices since I was last out I had a great time.... luckily the batteries managed to keep things going for the few days and kept the heat working at night.... actually was too warm and had to get up and turn it down one night...

must do it more often now that I'm back in the groove..

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

Us too. Out and about almost every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Just back from Germany for Christmas and New year.

Advertisement