Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Helium in Lmk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Millie wrote: »
    HI Guys, I'm thinking of getting this for my brother for Christmas but don't fancy spending an additional E44 to fill it with helium. Any idea where and approx cost I could get a few cans of it???
    Thanks

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9330805/Trail/searchtext%3ESHARK.htm

Even if you buy Helium direct from BOC or Air suppliers you will have to pay an annual rental fee for the canister of @€;90.
    And thats before you pay for a fill of gas :(
    The smallest generally available canisters of helium available are the ones you linked to in Argos(Also available in woodies and other places)
    I'm sure argos have the canister and Airswimmer as part of their 3for2 offer aswell so maybe you could find something else you need in that and save that way?

Only other option I can think of is bringing it to a florists and paying them a few quid to fill it for you....
    But how do ya get a 5' shark home and hidden then? ;) :P
    Or maybe if you know someone else getting an air swimmer ye could split the cost of the canister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Thanks Banie, maybe I'll just get the Argos one so...cheers and Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bear in mind that you don't just fill it up and go. There is a good hour of assembly to it too. I got one a few weeks ago on an offers website to surprise my niece and nephew over Christmas. I plan to go to Woodies Party Zone to fill it on Stephens Day or the 27th and assemble it in a relatives house. :)

Thanks Mr E, I had read about the assembly alright but I'll be leaving that to the brother to deal with.

I reserved both the shark and the helium from Argos in Blanchardstown as it was the only store in Dub or Lmk that had stock of the gas so I said I'd better be safe than sorry. I happen to be in Dublin at the minute so will pick it up maybe tomorrow.

Thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

these are on sale in debenhams yesterday and today!!!!!!!!!!!!

€24 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Icky Thump wrote: »
    these are on sale in debenhams yesterday and today!!!!!!!!!!!!

€24 quid

Which?
    The helium tanks or the airswimmers?

Phew thankfully I didn't get out to Argos over the weekend.
    If Debenhams are doing them at the price (I'm assuming the shark) then I'd have been gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Debenhams where doing the shark and the fish for 24 quid each. they where having a sale but i dont know if that was 24 quid before or after as some stuff had the actual price on them and not the sale price.

i bought a moon bounce which was labeled 24 quid aswell and paid 15 for it.

if you didnt get it yet head in and check them out. the debenhams in waterford wasnt selling hellium but the joke shop would be

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭liko

Need approx. 2.5m3 of helium - any idea where I can get this much and how much does it cost?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 amcshannon

You get can Helium in rent free bottles from http://bercarwelding.ie/ in the indutrial estate on the Killmallock rd.You pay for the contents (appx €60) and you pay a deposit for the bottle (appx €60) which is refundable when you return it. Its actually a Hobby weld Product, http://www.hobbyweld.co.uk/?page=56 but should do what you need. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement