Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City Christmas Tree

Options
  • 17-12-2011 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering is there one this year, after those handi*aps in the city council managed to let the other one kill bridges and fall over by degrees....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

constantg wrote: »
    I'm just wondering is there one this year, after those handi*aps in the city council managed to let the other one kill bridges and fall over by degrees....

I would say the use of the words "Christmas Tree" are banned in City Hall, bit like the famous episode of Fawlty Towers "Dont mention the war"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

There's one on the triangular area outside Shannon Furniture and Griffith College in Upper William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

There's a lovely one outside St. Michaels church on Denmark St. Nothing to do with the council, but very pretty lit up at night :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

There's a pathetic effort in front of Pennys. Nice big tree, but a barely any lights, all hung aroung the bottom of the tree all just plain white bulbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

There's a pathetic effort in front of Pennys. Nice big tree, but a barely any lights, all hung aroung the bottom of the tree all just plain white bulbs.

yeah that tree is a bit miserable alright, although i say their trying to keep a low profile with their christmas tree this year after last year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Is there anything to be said for another floating sinking christmas tree?
    If its worth 10 million to the local economy....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its an underwater attraction this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

personally i like the triangle of lights between nancys and smyths...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The St Michaels Church tree is the nicest

Mc Love wrote: »
    The St Michaels Church tree is the nicest

Agree, but it wouldn't be too hard....haven't really been in the crescent this year (only popped into tesco and omniplex yesterday); wasn't overwhelmed with the decorations there.

Possibility of pics of the decorations around the city/new or merged thread for this purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

constantg wrote: »
    Possibility of pics of the decorations around the city/new or merged thread for this purpose?

If anyone has any photos of the trees, lights, etc, then this thread is probably the right place for them. :)

i'll be round town later and will try and snap a few

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If anyone has any photos of the trees, lights, etc, then this thread is probably the right place for them. :)

Great idea. Maybe you should ask XS to take some pics of the trees. That way all the shots will look like the results of a person of normal height taking snaps of a giant redwood. :p:pac:

apologies guys, was busy last few days, dont have many pics, but think i've one of icon/flannerys down towards nancys

Advertisement