Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-alcoholic mulled wine??

Options
  • 17-12-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether I should be asking this here or in the recipes forum, but was just wondering if anyone had a good recipe for non-alcoholic mulled wine? I've googled a few but said I'd check here too.

I drink myself but I'll have friends coming over during the holidays who may be driving or are pregnant so I'd like to be able to offer them something a little festive- they shouldn't have to miss out on the cinnamon-y goodness!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Non-alcoholic wine tends to be pure Gak! Here's another idea, a non alcoholic mulled cider. Get some good quality apple juice, sugar, cinnamon, clove, star anise, orange rind heat it gently for at least an hour. I've had it before and it's lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sounds good. Do you've the specific quantities, Bassfish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Bassfish wrote: »
    Get some good quality apple juice

;)

seriously, that is "good quality apple juice"?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Bassfish

tenchi-fan wrote: »
    ;)

seriously, that is "good quality apple juice"?

Sure is techi fan, it won't be nice if ya use tesco value apple juice or similar. You can get nice Irish produced pressed apple juice in most supermarkets.
    Black Oil wrote: »
    Sounds good. Do you've the specific quantities, Bassfish?
    it's very hard to give exact quantities but at a guess you would want at least two litres of apple juice, use one cinnamon stick, one star anise, a couple of strips of orange zest and some sugar. You basically just have to leave it infuse until you reache the desired flavour. I wouldn't leave the spices in overnight as they can become over-powering. Hope it works for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 misemise

I don't know any recipes but marks and spencers non alcoholic mulled wine is gorgeous and afaik it's 2 for 1 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Thanks Bassfish- I think I'll go with the mulled cider so. I actually had some at the weekend and it was delicious so I'll have a go at making my own. There's no M & S where I live misemise but thanks!!

Happy Christmas :)

Advertisement