Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Switch?

Options
  • 17-12-2011 12:20am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have two lines (1 landline and 1 voip ata connection), lets call them line A and line B. I want to be able to receive calls on the one phone and make outbound calls via the voip (Line B).

Basically I would like to have a switch so that any incoming calls on Line A and Line B goes to the phone connected to the switch and any outbound calls go out Line B through the switch. Is this possible? I have attached a diagram of what I want to achieve.

Any ideas? Thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Most Voip phones and ata routers already do this. When my Mam setup with Blueface, before she ported the number, for the first few weeks for testing purposes, all incoming were coming on both a new Blueface number and her old Eircom number, but all outgoing were going on the voip line. She then stopped using the Blueface number when the old Eircom number was ported.

This is the phone she got
    http://www.blueface.ie/helpandadvice/configuration/gigasetc450.aspx

Is there not a phone line rj11 input on the ata router? This would allow you to do the same. You would need probably need to access the ata router and make changes on your Blueface account settings

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cat5

Why not simply divert your land line calls to your blueface number
    *21*number #

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Cat5 wrote: »
    Why not simply divert your land line calls to your blueface number
    *21*number #

http://business.eircom.net/SME/products/voice/?view=Eircomnettop

"The caller pays standard fixed rate, you pay the additional charge to the terminating number"

Advertisement