Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you getting/hoping to get?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey

Thought it'd be nice to have a thread where we could say what we are getting or are hoping to get.

So far I have.

- €50 Boots voucher (from my uncle)
    - Urban Decay Naked Palette (from my mum)
    - Clarins Neo Pastels Eye Colour & Liner Palette Limited Edition (from my mum)
    - Ugg Plumdale Tassle Boots (from my Grandmother)
    - Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Heather Mauve, Bobbi Brown Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Black Pearl and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly from my brother and sister.

What are you getting/hoping to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

We had wishlists that we passed around to each other. On mine was:

- some sewing books
    - Alan Partridge biography
    - couple of CDs
    - Big Hair hairdryer brush
    - some other books - design/cooking, etc

Last year I had loads of CDs on my list, so this year I wanted a bit of variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm hoping to get/ think I'm getting

A pendant from one sister
    A hot water bottle from my youngest sister
    A sat nav from my parents
    A surprise from my husband (probably treating me to a haircut or something)
    Hoping against hope he gets me something small from the pets.
    My Gran always gets me and husband something like towels or sheets, a scented candle (or as she calls them - a smelly candle) and probably a book for me as we share reading interests so she often recycles - my grans the best! she starts shopping in Jan so everyong and their cusions gets a gift. :)

What I'm getting for others

A box of makeup from E.L.F as requested by sister 1
    A ring and a chain from Claires, a cool little slouch bag and a hoodie for sister 2
    A beach caster for my dad
    A rose plant in a nice little basket with some lovely toiletries for my mam (all rose based)
    A pair of runners for husband - will also pick up a waterproof jacket from the dogs if I can. Was considering getting him a massage chair thingy but he's being too scroogy at the moment so I might not bother (and just pick it up in the sales as a post Christmas surprise anyway)
    My Gran is getting a selection of tea and some toiletries for her sinsitive skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭zarafiq

Probably won't get any of those but if somebody is looking for gift ideas for a bloke
    (I like outdoors and bikes):
    - fancy gore-tex trekking boots,
    - swiss army knife
    - torque wrench
    - binoculars
    - tripod for my camera
    there was more but I forgot
    - something for better memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

I'm just getting surprises, I don't have a clue what to get!! Just have to wait and see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

it would be nice to get an income from somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

if I don't get the "24" box set there's gonna be some serious sulking in my house :D

Advertisement