Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you buy yourself something for christmas?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I was just wondering if I am the only one who gets themselves a gift for Christmas. For the last two years I have done it, I get myself something I really want and know I will enjoy.

Two years ago: Xbox 360
    Last year: My Dog and kinect.
    This year: iPhone 4S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was just wondering if I am the only one who gets themselves a gift for Christmas. For the last two years I have done it, I get myself something I really want and know I will enjoy.

Two years ago: Xbox 360
    Last year: My Dog and kinect.
    This year: iPhone 4S

I usually do, the last 3years i have bought myself a holiday,watch, Tv and a Smartphone. This year the only thing i have bought myself is beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I did this year, I never bothered other years. All I got myself was some clothes.

This dress in red. eBay €15

Skater Dress with Mesh Detail

image4xxla.jpg

H&M Jersey Top €7.95

large]large]

H&M plain black leggings €6.95

large]

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Haruki

Yeah, it's a good excuse to treat yourself. For me it's mostly clothes/books and a bottle of something nice. Sometimes i even wrap them....(kinda sad now that i think about it):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭simit

Absolutely, it's only wrong if you start posting yourself christmas cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

You know the buy 2 get 1 free offers in boots? I get the free one. (I don't always keep the cheapest item though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

I always do I work all year so I deserve it, but its never more then a book or a dvd. This year I am getting the Steve Jobs book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Not presents as such, but I usually get myself something nice for dessert on Christmas Day (my Christmas Day is just my mum and I and we have different tastes in dessert so usually I get her a small Christmas cake and I have something chocolatey). This year I'm baking instead of buying.

Also this year I haven't asked for any books so I picked up two second-hand, just to make sure I have something to read so I don't get bored. That's it for the moment :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've never specifically gotten myself something for Christmas. I do get a few things in the sales though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I usually buy myself a nice Winter coat and dress - thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I used to as a kid but I don't specifically now as I always buy stuff on and off during the year so see this time of the year as no different.

We had been planning on getting a dog but that's just happening to coincide with Christmas anyway. Steam (video games) are having their Christmas sale so I've been picking a few bits and pieces up from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i usually buy myself some shaving products from shaving.ie but this year due to increased costs and less money to play with (thanks Government:mad:) (and Santa presents for the kids) I've had to do without :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Absolutely I do !!!!!! Being single, if was left to others all I'd get is socks :(

This year santy got me a new smartphone and delivered it early in case he wasn't able to make it on xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Definitely. I like to splash out and get one big ticket item at Christmas if I can. Last year it was a big TV. This year I have to make do with a few movie and TV boxsets to watch on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Ya I still do. 19 but still do the santa thing cos my sister is only 14. This is only the second year she has no santa but we will do it anyway. Nearly always get a PS3 game or two. Getting two this year and a Galaxy S2 plus a few other bits and pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yep. Nothing huge usually but some perfume/makeup or somesuch. I guess stuff that's personal that people would get wrong if they tried to buy it for me as a surprise. I welcome all pressies though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Too right! Usually get some lego to keep the inner child alive - have my eye on a technic crane this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Just bought myself a bottle of Becherovka. It tastes like a mix between Jagermeister and Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Normally I would buy myself a lil christmas day outfit :) Nothing expensive, just something nice for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I get myself nice set of undies and of course a outfit to wear n Christmas day. This year I also treated myself to a beautiful hat.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I bought myself a lovely new camera and got my parents to contribute a small bit towards it. I'd call that buying it for myself. Somehow I had the self restraint to keep it til Christmas morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I bought myself a lovely new camera and got my parents to contribute a small bit towards it. I'd call that buying it for myself. Somehow I had the self restraint to keep it til Christmas morning!

Your better than me so, the iPhone arrived on Dec. 8th, I think, it was opened the minute it arrived and up and running since, I couldn't do that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got a Kindle for Christmas so think I'll buy myself a nice cover as a gift to myself in the sales. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I bought myself a Sony Ericsson Ray but my parents put €100 towards it. That was to match the price they paid for my sister's kindle. I had earned some money so thought I'd treat myself seeing as my other phone was on the way out.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Your better than me so, the iPhone arrived on Dec. 8th, I think, it was opened the minute it arrived and up and running since, I couldn't do that.

It had been so long since I was excited about a christmas present, I just wanted something to look forward to. Worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Some times people haven't a clue what to get me, so the gift of cash is always very welcome.. so thanks to various family and friends I am now the proud owner of a hand held Anemometer!!! (for measuring wind speed etc) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

eskimocat wrote: »
    Some times people haven't a clue what to get me, so the gift of cash is always very welcome.. so thanks to various family and friends I am now the proud owner of a hand held Anemometer!!! (for measuring wind speed etc) :D

I always ask for money or vouchers if someone asks me what I want for Xmas. This year I got €55, plus a €50 one for all voucher, plus a €25 dunnes voucher. Not a bad year at all I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

I always ask for money or vouchers if someone asks me what I want for Xmas. This year I got €55, plus a €50 one for all voucher, plus a €25 dunnes voucher. Not a bad year at all I must say.

Same here, did well and got 2 for the same shop. I bought a giftcard for a cousin but she really wanted cash so was happy enough to keep the card for myself! Bought myself a new phone for Chrostmas and a few books, always a treat!! :pac:

Advertisement