Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

071 on Maynooth line last night?

Options
  • 16-12-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there was an 071 on the Maynooth line last night around 12 o'c? I live close to the line and am almost sure I heard it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I think there is work taking place on some part of that line at the moment.Maybe that had something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

THis would have been near Louisa Bridge, and it sounded like she was travelling pretty fast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's work at virtually every station on the line so it could have been hauling for that. But 071's are also used for lots of track maintenance tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MYOB wrote: »
    . But 071's are also used for lots of track maintenance tasks.

They are the only locos for those tasks now with the 141/181s all gone. Although a 201 was seen on an engineering train during the summer.

Advertisement