Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find Shrek Monopoly for my little sister

Options
  • 16-12-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

After many weeks of asking my sis what she wants for Christmas she has finally decided on this Shrek-themed version of the classic Monopoly game. I didn't think that would be a problem but it's turned out to be a major one!

We've looked for it in Argos, Smyths, Easons and have asked a few people to keep their eyes peeled. So far no luck. There is one for sale on Amazon.com but it wouldn't be with us in time for Christmas. Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland, if possible Dublin, that sells this game? Or if anyone knows someone who has an old one that they no longer play with, that they would be willing to sell on, I will make them an offer.

Thank you to anyone who can help, we really want to get this for her as it really is the only thing she's asked for and she's been in hospital since August.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It would seem that you are going to have a really hard time getting it here as it was a collectors edition. Try eBay there are some on there I checked and while they are in the US you could ask the seller if they would be willing to send it by courier, usually much quicker and would hopefully be here fOr Xmas, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Aw I hope you can get one, I just saw it on starstore.com English company so you may get it in time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thank you both for your suggestions. Unfortunately the sellers on eBay seem to be all in the US, except for one in France. It doesn't seem like we'd get it in time.

Samina, thank you for your suggestion. However, starstore.com ship their International orders to be received within 28 days. That's too late for Santa.

Well I'll keep looking but it looks as though it's been left too late. The only option would be to order it after Christmas and just give it to her when it arrives. In the meantime I'll keep looking out for it here. Fingers crossed!

Thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Thank you all for your help, the game has been ordered now so we just have to hope it gets here in time.

Merry Christmas all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement